Pepero game

April 20TuesdayYear 1

April 20
Tuesday
Year 1

My phone dings beside me a couple of times, and my heart pounds as I pick it up and try to silence it before class starts.

"Someone's popular." Jimin elbows me, bringing a pepero stick to his mouth.

With a smile, I shake my head to protest. "Vivi and Sooah already miss being here. They mixed in well with their personalities. Vivi even mentioned getting Karin's number I think."

"You did too, Seolli." Jimin points to me with a pepero stick he pulls out.

Me?

"Everyone thought so. Me, personally, I thought it was so funny when you fell off the ride. I mean sucks for you, but also at least I wasn't the only one."

I crack a smile. My eyes drift toward Taehyung who's conversing with a group of girls by the door. I think about how Jimin mentioned someone he likes is looking Taehyung's way. I have a feeling I know who it is but what if I'm wrong? Could it be one of those girls?

Jimin puts a pepero stick into my view for my attention.

Shaking the thought out of my head, I comment with a blush. "It was my first time, so it was scary, but... I'm happy I went on."

"Right," Jimin nods in agreement.

Trying out new things can be frightening, but I'm learning to take little steps.

"Were Beomgyu and Soobin your friends from other classes? Do they also go here?" I hadn't seen them before. Even though I thanked Beomgyu for being kind, I worry he still feels bad.

"Beomgyu and I play League together and Soobin and I talk about anime during breaks. Don't judge us."

Before I interrupt, Jimin cracks a smile. "I'm kidding."

Of course he is. I smile and wiggle my feet, glad to be getting along this great with Jimin.

"Hmm, I just thought of something. Why ask? Are you interested in Beomgyu?" Jimin leans in excitedly. "I won't tell if that's true."

I tilt my head. "Interested? L-like..."

"I can make him come around more."

I lean back and feel my face heat up. "P-please don't t-tell him."

"Wait, seriously?"

I choke out my words, "N-no. I don't like anyone. I just ... want to thank him!

"Sorry then. Ha, you were so funny just now." Jimin stifles a laugh. "I like teasing you. You don't hit me like Jiyoo."

Hearing her name, she looks over from her seat and clicks her tongue at him. He winks in return.

I watch their interaction. Amused by how they treat each other. They're like a cat and mouse, fighting all the time. Yet, they're friendship is so strong.