Soccer

March 12FridayYear 1

March 12
Friday
Year 1

I walk around the building looking for a comfortable place to sit, having just enjoyed my lunch.

Home is close by, but I feel more studious here.  Besides, Mom's at work and I didn't want to feel lonely. At least I'm in the company of other students.

I'm lucky to find an empty table by the window. The chair is a high so I have to set my bag down on the table before stepping up.

The girls at the window across from me giggle amongst themselves as they stare outside.

"Oh he's cute." One of them points down.

"Mm... I think he's in my sociology class."

Looking out, I notice a bunch of other people spread about.

I can't tell who she's pointing to, but I recognize Taehyung amongst the students.

He's casually kicking the ball back and forth with Jimin. As it comes back to him, he spins himself around before kicking his leg forward.

Only for him to miss.

He folds over in laughter making me smile.

The girls giggle again and I raise my eyebrows. Oh! Could they have been looking at...?

With a sigh, she tells her friend, "It's seriously hard to talk to him though. He's always surrounded by like 5 others."

"Hes popular, right?" The other girl agrees.

The girl nods. "Yeah soooo... he most likely already has a girlfriend. A model even."

A girlfriend...?

Taehyung tends to attract people. I can't imagine him ever not having a friend. He might be in a relationship. That wouldn't be surprising, but I'm sure if these girls approached him, he'd be happy to talk with them.

Just like he spoke with me.

I look back out the window and watch him fix his hair. Almost like he senses eyes on him, he looks up at our window.

The girls gasp.

A grin spreads across his face and he waves, mouthing something.

"Girl, is he talking to you?"

"No I-"

They turn around to look around them.

Their eyes fall on me but they gloss over me.

"Maybe?"

I turn back toward the window and he's still looking my way.

I give him a tiny wave back before Jimin kicks the ball to his hip.

Stumbling, he yells at Jimin.

With a smile, I return to work.

I would've doubted he was looking at me, if it wasn't for him mouthing my name.

I'm starting to hear it a lot these days.