[SPECIAL] Nightglow

March 31 (Special) Wednesday Year 1

March 31 (Special)
Wednesday
Year 1

When Taehyung told me he didn't have the best day today, I wanted to make it better. Even if only through words and a pat on his head, if I could say something to change his perspective before he lay to sleep, then I'd feel useful.

I'm also thankful he shared it with me. Whenever I had a bad day, I had no one to tell. Though I have my mother, I want to only ever share the good parts of my life with her. I think everyone mostly feels that way.

It takes a lot of courage to share the bad...

"I'm curious... are you thinking about something right now?" Taehyung's face comes into my view as he tilts over.

I stop walking so I don't collide with him.

Returning his stare makes my heart race and my mind scramble.

"H-hm?"

Taehyung moves forward with a chuckle. "Or are you just enjoying the walk?"

Holding my hands, I smile. "I've never walked at night before. I thought it was too dark, but..."

Glancing up at the sky, I marvel at all the stars scattered across. It's bright enough to turn the sky shades of purple.

Taehyung spreads his arms out and spins around slowly, walking backward to admire the stars as well. "They're bright, I know. We just forget to look up sometimes."

I agree with a hum. The bridge at the end of the neighborhood is now in my sight, making me excited.

This bridge connects the residential area to downtown. I haven't walked across it in a long time since I just traveled to school and the mart — both before the bridge. Over the bridge, there are malls, cafes, museums, bars, theaters, and parks. I've lived here all my life and I still haven't done everything I can.

Even if all we do tonight is walk around, it'll be exciting.

"Seolli, look." Taehyung smiles and nods toward the trees on the other side of the bridge. I hold on to the rail as I look over, amazed to see a few trees already in bloom.

"They'll be all over the place soon," Taehyung tells me, happily.

The place would be covered in pink, I instinctively think.

Taehyung pushes off the rail with a grin. I raise my eyebrows as I watch him.

"Come on," he says, smiling and jogging away, his laughter echoing in the distance.

With a smile, I follow along.

And being the gentleman he is, he doesn't let me fall behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Okay, one more time!" Taehyung holds up his phone in the air, pressing record. "Hello!! Long time no see. That's my fault, I'm sorry... but tonight, I'm walking down Mangdae street..."