Instagram

March 25Thursday Year 1

March 25
Thursday
Year 1

Arguments to allow those under 21 to get the motorcycle license...

I chew on my lip as I read a thread on the debate, picking up ideas.

Taehyung places some books down next to me. "Sorry. I gave you the worst side of the argument." 

I shake my head and smile, looking at the books he picked out.

One about the developing brain and the others about persuasive writing. 

Falling into the computer seat, Taehyung rests his hands between his legs. "Mr. Jung said to pick something we feel strongly about... and so I picked one without checking with you."

If it's something Taehyung wants to write about, then it's okay. In the end, I couldn't make up my mind on the topic. 

"I don't mind."

"Really?" He lifts an eyebrow up.

"Really," I confirm.

He tilts his head and a grin spreads across his face. "Really really?"

I nod eagerly with a smile. 

He rolls himself closer to the desk and rests his chin in his palm. "I believe you, but if you ever disagree with something, will you tell me?"

"I'll tell you!"

He laughs and I blush because I might have said it too fast. 

Returning to look at his computer, he softly says, "Thanks, Seolli."

I take the persuasive writing book from the pile and flip through it. Now that it's nice and quiet, maybe I should invite Taehyung over. It's okay if he says no. At least I kindly invited him.

"Um-" I turn to him, but hear another voice at the same time. 

"Taehyung! Saturday, party, SNU. You in?" Jiyoo walks over and gets in between us. I whip back to the book in front of me.

"SNU?" Taehyung leans back in his chair. 

She hums. "Mark invited us. Check Instagram. We were all thinking of taking the train down Saturday and coming back Sunday."

Oh a party? A party at a huge university is probably a lot cooler than a small barbeque at my house. 

Taehyung's quiet, thinking about it.

Jiyoo pokes his shoulder repeatedly. "Come on! Alcohol will be paid for."

My mind drifts to imagining all of them crowded together with soju in their hand, laughing and already drunk. I still haven't tried soju, but I heard it's fun with friends because of the drinking games. 

"Sure, I'll go."

She gasps, "Seriously? This isn't a dream? You're finally going with us?"

Taehyung pokes his tongue out at her. 

"I won't say more. We'll create a group chat in Instagram then. Jimin!!" She turns on her heels and walks out of the computer lab. 

Mr. Jung rubs his temples. "We're in a library, Jiyoo!"

So Taehyung doesn't go out with his friends much?

With a sigh, he hangs his head down. "What have I gotten myself into?" 

I turn my chair his way, thinking of how to comfort him. 

When he lifts his head, I widen my eyes because I'm not sure what to tell him. 

"Seolli, do you... have an Instagram?"

"Instagram?"

I created one since Eunha made me, but I don't log on or use it like others do.

Taehyung leans to dig his phone out of his pocket.

I take mine out and search for the app. When I open it, I see old photos of myself looking back. I have followed lots of accounts, but only a couple of random people followed me back. I'm sure they weren't even authentic accounts.

Taehyung must have a pretty Instagram, just like Eunha did. 

I'm embarrassed... 

I hug my phone. "I created an account, but..."

Taehyung scoots closer, close enough that our knees almost touch. "Can I add you? Then we can talk whenever, not just in class."

That's right. We're partners for this paper now. It would make more sense if we could contact each other easily.

I surrender my phone over with a smile.

Taehyung smiles back and places our phones next to each other as he searches for his Instagram. 

"There!" He hands me back my phone, left open on his profile. 

My eyes dance around his profile.

1508 followers?!

And all of his photos are so pretty...

I close my mouth.

Taehyung clears his throat. "Is it okay if I message you when it's not about the paper?"

I tear my eyes away from my phone to look up at him. 

When it's not about the paper?

I look at his profile again.

Why is someone like Kim Taehyung asking to talk to me?

Of course I'm happy, but...

I run my finger along the edge of my phone, telling him, "It's okay to message me."

Taehyung lifts his eyebrows, his eyes doe-like. 

I'm stuck looking back at him.

He whispers, "You too. Whenever."

It feels like my breath is stuck until Jimin finally comes to talk to Taehyung about something. 

Only then can I take a breath.

___________________________

Author's Note;;

Thanks for 2k reads!!