Bloom

March 5FridayYear 1

March 5
Friday
Year 1

Despite our town being very small, it still has beautiful moments.

One of them being when the cherry blossom trees are in full bloom. As the petals all fall off, the sight in front of you becomes flurries of pink snow. The town even holds a festival for the first ten days to admire them.

Mom and I always go and take pictures and enjoy the cherry blossom treats the vendors bring. It's become a fun tradition.

However, it would be nice if I could go with friends this time. There are all these childish things that I want to do at the festival that I can't do with my mom like go on the rides or do the silly crafts. 

As I walk to school, I keep admiring the trees. 

"Are you waiting for them to open?"

The voice startles me, causing my shoulders to jump.

I thought I was all alone.

"Sorry," he apologizes with a chuckle as he steps next to me, backpack over his shoulder.

Taehyung.

"I am too." He smiles as he looks up at the trees. "Just a couple of more weeks, and then..." He fans out his fingers to mimic the flowers blossoming.

I smile and nod, humming in agreement.

"Do you think you'll go to the festival?" He arches an eyebrow, biting down on his smile.

I'm not used to talking to him, so my face flushes. "U-um..."

"Sorry. I mean- I think it will be fun, so....you should go..." He tilts his head away and laughs softly.

My face feels like it's on fire now. I look at him curiously and he looks at me again to nod as if pleased with himself.

"Anyway, it was nice talking to you." He clears his throat and waves with both hands as he speeds off to campus.

I lift my hand to wave, thinking about whether or not I even said a word. 

"See you." I tiptoe as if that would help my voice come out better.

He looks over his shoulder and his whole face lights up.

"See you Tuesday, Seolli."

I smile and continue my slower pace, hoping the cherry blossoms can bloom a little earlier this year.