You and I

April 17 (pt

April 17 (pt. IV)
Saturday
Year 1

After the ride, everyone apologized about not being able to save me. I was busy trying to tell them that I wasn't hurt at all, so they shouldn't worry one bit.

Being thrown around is part of the ride, so I would feel like a burden if people focused to much on me instead of how much fun they had. Besides, I was the one who let go. I should've tried to hold on better.

I think the one that felt the worst was Beomgyu. After the ride was over, I got up quickly to fix myself and Beomgyu stood right beside me, checking if I was hurt. 

"Taehyung, you're going to make Beomgyu cry." Jimin commented with a chuckle as he walks over to place his hand over Taehyung's shoulder.

"I'm not that sensitive." Beomgyu makes a fist at Jimin as if he was going to punch his arm.

I look over at Taehyung, my cheeks burning after remembering how he tight he held me earlier. My heart beats anxiously as I also think about how sharp his tone. Was he frustrated at me? I've never heard him speak like that before.

He makes eye contact with me and I look away. Turning to Beomgyu, I reassure him he did his best.

"I-I'm so happy.. you were the one next me..." I tell him sincerely, and when I look up to look at him, I can tell my words were enough to calm him down based on his small smile. 

"Okay, then I won't worry about it anymore." He puts his hand over his heart and heaves a sigh of relief.

On our walk over to the food and drink stalls, Vivi and Sooah came up next to me. Vivi teases me a little about trying to stand up, but then tells me how the ride operator wouldn't leave her alone either. Sooah was disappointed nothing really happened to her, but that Soobin took good care of her.

"A little too vanilla for me, if you get what I mean." She shrugs playfully. "If Seolli wasn't with Taehyung, he would've been perfect for her."

I'm confused for a second since I was paired with Beomgyu, but realize she meant at the end of the ride.

I hold my hands together.

"Yeah... except why is that girl all over him?" Vivi asks me, pointing her eyes at Taehyung and Jiyoo up ahead of the group. "Are you okay with that? Do you need me to talk to her?"

I shake my head and hand before Vivi does something suddenly. "No! Taehyung can have other friends..."

"You're better than me." Vivi snorts.