Equal

May 16 pt

May 16 pt. II
Tuesday
Year 1

Jimin and I sit in a comfortable silence. 

"We feel the same." Jimin clears his throat while playing with his fingers.

I look at him, and he smiles before his eyes drift back to his fingers. "Like your hearts being squeezed over and over..."

I place my hands over my heart, wanting to rub over my chest to soothe it. He was right... It felt exactly like that. Only there was a needle poking it at the same time.

He inhales deeply. "Seolli, do you like Taehyung?"

I stutter with a blush. "Of course."

He bumps his shoulder into me. "Do you like Taehyung like I like Jiyoo."

"I-I don't know... what's it like... liking Jiyoo for you." I'm almost afraid to ask. 

"Like agony at this point. I want to be greedy and take her away, but I hold myself back because I don't want to see her disappointed. I'm learning what patience is. Real patience. Sometimes though... I wonder am I holding myself back too much?"

I look at my feet. Do I feel like that? I could never imagine taking Taehyung away from everyone. What if hates me? Nontheless, I'm scared that these feelings will become like that.

"I didn't know you worried like me." I whisper. A worry that comes across your mind non-stop. 

Jimin sighs. "It sucks. I worry about things like 'what if I miss my timing?' and I tell her my feelings too soon or too late. I also don't know what I'll do if she rejects me. She'll quickly become a person I don't know anymore."

It's easy for me to imagine Taehyung rejecting me. It almost makes me break into tears. 

"I know rejection too well." I confess to Jimin. After Eunha's disappearance, I lost my only friend. I also was treated differently, shattering my confidence. If I tried to speak up, people would reject me, even become a little rude. I became scared to make another friend after that. 

I look at him. "And I'm constantly scared of losing him."

Jimin nods, apologizing. "I promise that Taehyung wouldn't do that to you."

He's too nice to reject me. 

I could never put him in that position.

And what if I don't like him like Jimin likes Jiyoo? What if I'm only scared of losing him?

I wipe my eyes, making sure I'm not crying. "Until I know if I'm scared or in love... I won't say anything."

"And until I become a better man, I won't say anything either."

Jimin takes my hand and gives it a squeeze. 

"Thank you for the cupcake, by the way. If anything I'll make sure to eat it in a way that will make Taehyung jealous."

I crack a smile and shake my head. He didn't have to do that. 

"Now come on, we have a delivery to make."

He pulls me up, and holds my hand snugly until I'm no longer feeling down.