|| Chapter VIII ||

Word Count : 2145 words

(Location : The Hero Association Office, Musutafu)
(One Week After the Entrance Exams)

________________________________________________________________________________

(Third Person POV)

The winged Hero flew slowly through the open, blue skies, savoring a strawberry popsicle on the way.

"Look, it's Hawks!"

"He's soo cool!"

"And handsome!"

"Kyaaa~"

Several netizens voiced their support and growing fanbase for the Number 3 Pro-Hero.

"Sorry ladies, I've got some work to do now," the Hero said, winking at the direction of a certain pretty stranger. Said stranger had to supported by pedestrians as she fainted with a huge blush on her cheeks.

"Now, where is that goddamn place....."

Hawks threw his now-finished popsicle stick into the trashcan, and landed right in front of a tall building somewhere around the higher-end posh localities of Musutafu.

The Hero Association Office.

The Hero proceeded to make his way in.

"Sir!" a guard stopped the Pro-Hero on his tracks. "Only authorized personnel, sir!"

"I'm Hawks, buddy. You've heard of me, right?"

"Yes, Sir!" the guard said in a robotic fashion. "But protocol demands that you show me your Hero License before entering, Sir!"

Even though it was hardly necessary, Hawks obliged to the demands of this eccentric guard. The last thing he wanted was to create a scene in front of the Headquarters.

"Thank you, Sir! This way, please," the guard motioned towards the revolving glass door, and Hawks made his way in.

The interior of the building was as high-class as it could be. With the wooden flooring, plush sofas, a large fountain right at the center, a huge aquarium with a number of exotic species, it looked completely foreign and stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of Musutafu.

"Gotta enter my name again," Hawks mumbled under his breath, and proceeded to fill out the visitor form at the reception desk. He found it a bit annoying that even a distinguished Pro-Hero like himself had to go through so much formality just to enter a Hero HQ, but he didn't complain for security reasons.

"Thank you, sir." The receptionist gave the Hero a curt bow, and the Winged Hero finally made his way into the building.

Taking the elevator and arriving at the Thirteenth Floor, the Hero walked through the completely dingy and empty hallways. A clear contrast to what the building looked like on all the other floors.

"Archives, archives, archives....."

The Hero continued to mutter to himself, and was seemingly searching for a particular Room within the Floor.