|| Chapter XXXV ||

Word Count : 1420 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The Hero Association Headquarters )
( Third Person POV )

***** 1 Month Before The Massacre *****

A woman in her fifties walked down the dimly lit corridors. She turned a corner, and was greeted by another unending corridor. However, she didn't have to walk all the way to the end, and she stopped outside a certain room to her left.

She entered without knocking, signifying her authority. The already-present men and women inside the meeting room immediately sat up a bit straighter upon her arrival.

She took her seat on the far end of the table, and surveyed the room and its members. The skies outside the glass windows were overcast, indicating the early arrival of monsoon. Thunder roared lightly in the background.

"800%."

The woman uttered just one number, and the entire room could feel the tension, tension so thick it could be cut with a knife.

"Crime rate in Japan is 800% higher now."

The woman, Ms. Sarazaki, said. The official presiding Chairwoman of The Hero Association. The year is 20XX, just a month before the (L/N) Massacre.

"It's been that way since Madara (L/N) passed on. The people are losing faith in us. Madara has left a standard too high for anyone to reach. Even someone like All Might is leaps and bounds away from being close."

The members around the table simply listened, unable to interrupt the Chairwoman in fear of being reprimanded. Sarazaki sighed.

"We need more," the Chairwoman said listlessly. "We need more people like him. Unfortunately, Madara did not leave a direct descendant. His family is mostly extended. As a result, the chances that someone with a quirk as strong as his being born is astronomical."

"Then what is the correct decision now?" a member asked. "People are getting impatient. Japan is turning into a crime capital. Madara was the definition of a one-man-army. We did not even require any Pros during his reign. But now that he's gone, we have a shortage of Heroes. There is no one to even stop any crime."

"That's why we're doing this now, aren't we?" the Chairwoman smiled wryly. The member immediately stiffened.

"We just need to make another Madara."

"Make..... another Madara?"

Sarazaki leaned back in her chair, and stared at the posh interior-designed ceiling above her.

"The (L/N) Families. They're currently not too large in numbers, are they?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but it seems that the subsidiary families had some sort of rift with the main bloodline," a certain member spoke up. "Something related to lower representation on the international level. It's nothing major, but it's a small simmer that still exists. The numbers in the main family range to around 30 or 35."

"How many children?"

The members seemed to be getting a bit uncomfortable when the Chairwoman asked such a lax question. Nevertheless, information was dug up from within records, and a simple number was presented.