|| Chapter LII ||

Word Count : 1008 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The Hero Association Building )
( Third Person POV )

"Task Force around the Chairman! Protect her at all costs!"

A dozen well-built men in suits, including a force filled with quirk forces, surrounded the now absentminded Chairman, who was being escorted out of her room. There was still a few minutes until the helicopter arrived, and then she would be able to leave Japan for good.

"Ugh, I warned Eraserhead to be careful with that girl....." Sarazaki muttered under her breath, nervously cracking her knuckles in the process. In her entire career, she had never encountered such a situation where she would be so badly cornered.

The top Pro Heroes and army of Japan were being slaughtered left and right. The roads were a complete bloodbath, and red was the color of the wet night.

The entire world knew (F/N) (L/N) now.

And everyone knew he was out for revenge. Revenge that he proclaimed he would take, no matter what. A vengeance that he announced in front of the entire world.

"Where is the goddamn helicopter?"

"It'll b-be here soon Miss Chairman. Must have been d-delayed due to the rain."

"Tch."

The Chairwoman nervously clicked her pointed heels on the marble floor, resulting in an uncomfortable ensemble of cracks and taps.

'Fuck, faster, faster......'

Just a few more minutes of waiting for the helicopter, and she'd be able to leave godforsaken Japan for good. Maybe change her identity, and start a new life.

Leave all of this clusterfuckery behind.

"Helicopter spotted," one of the men with a binocular pointed out. "Just a few minutes now, ma'am."

"Ah, fuck. It's taking too long."

"T-They're trying, ma'am. But the weather isn't being very supportive."

 "The fuck should I do then? Pray to the rain gods?" the Chairwoman asked scathingly, and the suited man looked down in shame. "For your entire life, you've never had to do anything, and when you've finally been summoned to do something, you all fuck up like the idiots you are....."

The man said nothing, resigning to the onslaught of the Chairwoman. 

The slow din of the chopper made its way to the rooftop, which was a prime vantage spot for all the terror and bloodshed occurring below. The streets were completely empty, save for a lone soldier running into the battlefield, only to never return back.

A yellow blast of energy.

The chopper shook violently, threatening to topple over and chop up the remnants on the rooftop with its deadly blades. The helicopter whirled dangerously, and slowly made its doomed descent downwards, missing the rooftop and the Chairwoman by a hair's breadth. A loud crash echoed, and the chopper burst into flames.

The silent crackle of the flames continued.

"What.....?"

Sarazaki remained unmoving, confused, terrified. Her heartbeat skyrocketed at the sudden calamity, and her scared eyes scanned the skies for the perpetrator.

A lone girl with waist-length periwinkle hair lay floating above the rooftop, her hands and palms encircled by what looked like yellow rings of pure power. She stared down at the rooftop with a scowl on her face.

"So it was you, huh....." Nejire Hado murmured under her breath. "Mirio was right..... the higher-ups really are disgusting."

"Nejire Hado.....?" the Chairwoman muttered questioningly. So UA's Big Three have already turned rogue? What in the world was Nezu doing?

Soon, the door to the rooftop burst open, and the remaining duo entered the arena.

Quick as lightning, and with the strikes of a viper, Mirio Togata and Tamaki Amajiki wasted no time in effortlessly taking down the bodyguards surrounding the Chairwoman. Being the top Pro Heroes of UA High, the duo succeeded almost too easily.

One by one, the men dropped to the ground like flies. Sarazaki stared at the scene aghast, unable to process the situation she was thrown into.

A situation which she would never escape.

"What do we do with her?" Amajiki asked. "We can't exactly kill her, because that's not our job."

"We just make sure she doesn't run off," Hado replied. "Not like she can anyways."

Sarazaki pursed her lips. As much as she hated to admit it, she was completely cornered. Her quirk, something that had nothing to do with combat, would not help her here at all. And without any way to contact the outside world, she had no way to call for help either.

As much as she hated it, she's completely cornered, like a goat chained to a lion's gate, waiting for its impending doom.

She had no other choice.

Sarazaki realized that there really was no other choice.

She would have to use it.

There was no point in saving it up for later anyways. It's not like it would come in handy on a later date. A life-threatening situation such as this one warrants the use of such lethal methods.

"You kids..... why are you betraying the country, the world?" Sarazaki asked with a small smile on her face. "You all have such bright futures. The Big Three of UA, on that. You're the cream of Japan's Heroes. So why do you throw away opportunities like those when you have them?"

Mirio narrowed his eyes. "Unfortunately, that won't work on us. Are you trying to make us feel guilty?"

Sarazaki immediately backed off. "Oh, not at all! I just expected the three of you to do the introspection. You're all running behind this (F/N) (L/N), without knowing anything about his past, his butchered-up family, and his insane and cruel mind. Yet you go on a single whim, ready to switch sides and on the verge of destroying the entire structure Japan stands on. Why? How come you don't think twice?"

"Now you're pissing me off," Amajiki said darkly. He slowly pulled out claws on both his hands, waving them threateningly in front of the Chairwoman. "Either stay silent, or I'll tear out your innards. I'm not going to kill you, of course. That isn't for me to do."

"So assertive....." the Chairwoman murmured, but she did not continue with her statements. She had come to understand that something as trivial as manipulation wouldn't work now.

She would wait for the right time to strike.

Because after all, the final boss doesn't go down without a fight.

[ ----- ----- -----]