|| Chapter XLIV ||

Oh look it's Friday.

..... nice >.<

Word Count : 1813 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : UA High )
( Third Person POV )

The night sky of 28th June hovered over a desolate Musutafu. Grim, grey clouds littered the ether, replicating the same stormy weather that lashed the city 10 years ago.

Class1-A remained silent, digesting the situation that they found themselves in.

Well, not the entirety of Class 1-A.

Five students, namely Yui Aizawa, Kyoka Jiro, Shoto Todoroki, Katsuki Bakugo and Momo Yaoyorozu had unexpectedly switched sides. The 14 remaining students did not utter a single word, still trying to wrap their minds around this ordeal.

"It's still unreachable....." Kirishima muttered under his breath, when he could not connect to Bakugo using his phone for the umpteenth time. "I don't think he was joking when he said he wanted to side with them....."

"But Kacchan..... Kacchan would never do something so out of character!" Midoriya whispered-screamed. "Out of everyone in this class, he's the person with the strongest desire and fuel to become a hero! He would never side with the villains and shatter his dreams like this!"

"But what if we're the villains?"

All eyes turned to the bird-man Tokoyami. "What if we're the villains here?"

"What do you mean, Tokoyami?" Hanta Sero asked desperately. "Things aren't looking good at all! And now you're questioning whether what we're doing is right?"

"Unless we're allowed to leave this classroom, there is no point in doing anything else," Tokoyami replied. "We have nothing to work on. Our classmates took a brave decision. Whether that decision was right or wrong, only time will tell. Doesn't that mean we need to think of our stand in this situation too?"

"Could you break it down into like, simpler words?" Mina Ashido asked uneasily. Tokoyami sighed.

"Very well. All I'm saying is that Bakugo, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu's arguments were valid, as conveyed to me by Kirishima. You were the last person to talk to those three, am I right?"

"Y-yeah," Kirishima replied. "Midoriya, Iida and I were the last ones they talked to, before walking away."

"Shouldn't we dwell upon these statements a bit more?" the bird urged the others. "Didn't Mount Lady, Hawks and Mirko switch sides as well?"

"That doesn't prove anything," Midoriya said, thoroughly shaken. "As long as we h-have All Might, things are going to work out."

"You put unnecessary faith in All Might," Tokoyami rebuked the green bean. "How do we know he's correct? We've only blinded trusted All Might so far. But for the first time ever in history, All Might's testimony is not enough. For the first time ever, we don't know who's the villain."

"They're the villains!" Midoriya screamed. "What's so hard to understand in that!?"

"Deku, you need to stop letting your emotions talk for you," Uraraka replied suddenly, quietening the One For All user down. "We understand that you want to support All Might. We understand that you want to believe in the Symbol of Peace. But when that belief itself is broken, then you can't trust him, can you? (F/N) (L/N) made it very clear — the heroes know more than they let on."