|| Chapter XXIV ||

Word Count : 2068 words

________________________________________________________________________________

( (F/N) (L/N) Person POV )

"Hero Killer Stain, huh....."

I stared at the news channel playing on TV, which was currently hosting a hot debate on the uprising murder sprees that this so-called 'Hero Killer Stain' was on.

"Sounds like a load of bullshit to me," Shigaraki responded. "He's going around and killing heroes who aren't even known. Like, who the hell is Ingenium?"

"Pro Hero Ingenium, or in other words, Tensei Iida....." I muttered softly. "Iida, huh....."

I turned to stare at the UA Traitor, who was glued to the TV screen as well.

"Ring any bells?"

"Hmm?" they asked nonchalantly, and turned to face me. "What's up?"

"Iida. Do you know him?"

They averted their gaze, and stared at the floor. "Iida. Yeah, Tenya Iida. He's in my class."

"I knew it," I said. "I saw that kid in the Sports Festival, but didn't he come third or something? Along with Katsuki Bakugo.....?"

"Well, yeah. He came in third with Bakugo," they replied. "But for some reason, he wasn't present during the award ceremony. He apparently had some serious matter to attend to."

"Makes sense. His brother's career is finished," I said. "Stain wiped the floor with him."

"You think, uh..... Stain's gonna join the League?" they asked uneasily.

"Stain joining the League? I don't see that happening," Kurogiri replied. "But we never know what the future may hold for us. It would be a valuable addition to our squad if Stain joins."

"Yeah, right....." they drifted off. "I don't like Stain."

"How come?"

"I don't know, he just doesn't give off the right kind of vibes," they said. "Unlike (F/N), you're really cool and nice to be around, but every time I see a picture of Stain, I get the heebie-jeebies......"

"Well, that's because of his bloodlust," Dabi replied nonchalantly. "The dude's crazy and distorted, so it's probably hard to hold a meaningful conversation with him."

"Why are we assuming things about a person who we've never met in our lives?" I asked. "For all we know, he's probably a nice guy."

Dabi scoffed.

"Nice guy? But to be honest, I kind of concur. Because Stain doesn't have any reports of civilian deaths on him, just a few unknown heroes. He's not pinned for anything heinous. If I had to compare, his ideology is a bit like yours."

"......"

"I'm gonna leave for a small walk," I said as I stood up from the sofa. "It's nice and cold outside, so it'll be refreshing. I'll be back before dinner."