|| Chapter XLIII ||

Word Count : 2525 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The Battlefield )
( Third Person POV )

"Kyoka....."

"Yui-chan!" Kyoka Jiro, the Earphone Jack Hero, engulfed the silver-haired girl in a warm hug. "What's up~~"

"Since when have you.....?"

"Huh? Oh, I've been here since like, the beginning?" Kyoka said. "(F/N) can vouch for that."

"Cut the crap, Kyoka," (F/N) said in a disgruntled tone. "We can have a happy reunion later. It's almost time to launch the attack. Are the civilians out of the streets?"

"I mean, I think?" Kyoka said disinterestedly, while twirling her earphone jacks. "Most of them got inside. Even the Pros kinda disappeared, but the army's out for some reason."

"We've got three teenage girls in the group now. This is annoying," Dabi said in a voice that definitely oozed sarcasm. "Hey, crazy. You still there?"

"Of course! And now that I've got a new friend and stuff!" Toga said in her usual deranged voice, and she hopped up to Yui. "I'm Himiko Toga! I have a huge crush on your brother! I hope we become best friends!"

".....?"

"That's not how you're supposed to introduce yourself, but I think she'll take it," Kyoka answered on behalf of the bewildered Yui.

"Wow, how nice. An everlasting friendship has been born," Dabi said nonchalantly.

"It's done," (F/N) declared. "Time's up. We're moving out. I can see that the army's out as well."

It was true. Japan's army had been called in since martial law had been imposed in the country. A full-blown war was soon going to commence.

"Move out."

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

(F/N) moved on ahead into the streets, with his sister trailing behind him. The empty streets resonated an eerie silence, one that was befitting of the dangerous times. Things were going to get bloody.

The army raced through the streets, towards the black-haired villain. The streets rumbled, and tanks were rolled out as well.

An entire battalion, versus one villain.

It seemed a bit too easy for (F/N).

He unleashed a fearsome black fire, one that engulfed everything in its path. Nothing seemed to stop the Amaterasu from burning through the tarred streets, now which resembled melted metal. The enemy was burned through alive, and a sick smile made its way to the face of the villain.

"Yes, burn! Burn the way you burned my family! Feel their pain!"

Yui for now, could only watch from behind her brother's safe back. The horrors she witnessed right in front of her suddenly did not haunt her anymore.