|| Chapter XI ||

Word Count : 2009 words

________________________________________________________________________________

(Location : Kamino Ward)
((F/N) (L/N) POV)

I jumped up to avoid the low sweep, and lashed out my right hand towards Crusty's face. Unfortunately, he managed to dodge my sneak attack right at the nick of time, and he backed away.

I did not want to give him any space, so I immediately closed the distance between us by jumping forward. I pivoted around my right heel, and raised out my left leg to deliver a rotating blow kick on his ribcage.

Shigaraki, however, caught my leg with his free hand, and proceeded to smack me right on the face.

I stumbled back a bit, but nevertheless, used Shigaraki's strike as an opportunity to land one myself, and I delivered an axe-kick on his back, pummeling him to the floor.

"That was good," Shigaraki said, as he wiped the dust of his pants. "That was a really sneaky move."

"I used your strike, and turned it into an advantage for myself," I said. "But I had to take the punch head on for that to work."

I slowly wiped the blood off my mouth. I might have cut up the inside when Handsy punched me.

"Wanna have another round?"

"Sure."

We readied ourselves for another quirkless hand-to-hand combat training session.

He started it this time.

Shigaraki moved in an eccentric manner, leaving no choice for guesswork. Usually, when you fight a person more than once, you understand their combat style, and the way they move around. You, in turn, get used to their beats and timings, and it gets easier to dodge.

That is what Shigaraki was trying to avoid.

He was moving without any sort of rhythm, and did not give me a chance to assume what move he was going to pull off.

Would it be an uppercut?

Would it be a roundhouse kick?

Maybe just a normal sideways punch?

Or maybe a sledgehammer kick?

Or maybe it wasn't any of them.

I slowly bent forward, getting a feel of Shigaraki's weird movements.

A balled fist reached out towards me from the right side, while Shigaraki was moving to the left. A perfect feint shot, so as to say. Usually, when brawling, your opponent tends to follow you, and not your hands.

In other words, Shigaraki as trying to divert my attention by moving towards the left, and then in my lapse he would land a solid punch with his right arm.

But I had seen through it.

I simple moved left along with Shigaraki, and kicked his ankle out of balance.