|| Chapter L ||

Word Count : 2207 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The Battlefield )
( Third Person POV )

"Everyone, give it your all! For the sake of Japan, and for enactment of justice!" Nezu squeaked at his band of men and women, who were shivering in their boots following the death of All Might. "We might have lost the Symbol of Peace, but we've not lost our courage and willpower! We will prevail!"

Mirio clicked his tongue in annoyance, still contemplating whether he should just kill Nezu then and there. But Nejire's firm intervention prevented Mirio from acting harshly.

However, what irked the boy most was a man in the crowd of heroes, silently watching the proceedings unfold in front of him without interrupting.

Mirai Sasaki.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

In other words, Sir Nighteye.

The former All Might-sidekick stared up at the dead body of his former colleague on the screen, without batting an eye. He did not even shed a tear, nor did he let out a sigh of defeat.

He just stood, unmoving and stoic like always.

Mirio could not comprehend this behavior.

Why is Sir Nighteye not being proactive? Why is it that even though All Might has been murdered, Mirai Sasaki continues to side along with the heroes?

In a flash, Mirio Togata widened his eyes, as he came to fateful realization.

It is because he knew.

Sir Nighteye knew that this was going to happen, so he made no effort to stop it.

The suited hero had always believed in a certain saying — there is no way to change the future that his quirk, Foresight, predicts and sees. And this quirk allows him to look deep into the future of the person in question, sometimes even years or decades ahead.

Sir Nighteye had already seen into All Might's future before, and he knew that this was going to happen.

So as always, he made no effort to stop the death, because he believes that there is no way to reverse what he sees.

A firm believer in fate.

"Ah, more fodder. It's Pros and students this time."

A bored voice rang out behind them, and the gang of almost forty Pros and students turned to meet half of the League of Villains, face to face. Spearheaded by Dabi, the team comprised of several of their former allies as well, including Hawks, Mirko and Mount Lady.

And behind these elites, were hordes of purple and green beasts — an army of Nomus.

"So this is why we've been losing so bad....." Vlad King muttered under his breath at the sight of the beastly Nomus. Every single one of them looked downright dangerous, almost at the same level as the one All Might fought in the USJ.