|| Chapter XXVI ||

Word Count : 868 words

________________________________________________________________________________

( Yui POV )

I turned into the alleyway.

Why do criminals always choose alleys to run into? Don't they realize it gets easier for whoever's chasing them to catch them?

I sighed indignantly, before continuing to run behind the chain-snatcher.

I'm not fast enough.

I grit my teeth.

Every time I come across someone in distress, or a run-away criminal I need to catch, Todoroki always gets to them first because of his increased speed when using ice.

I, on the other hand, get left behind.

I've come to realize that my quirk is absolutely not suited for things like patrol and such. I run at normal human speed, so if the person I'm chasing doesn't look into my eyes, I pretty much have nothing to do.

The chain-snatcher turned right, and darted in between the alleys and dumps, as though he knew it like the back of his hand. I continued to chase after him.

He turned back to look at his pursuer.

And in that one moment, he looked into my eyes.

He stumbled and tripped, landing face-first onto the floor, convulsing and clutching his head dramatically. I slowed down to a trot, and stopped to catch my breath.

I latched on the handcuffs.

In about 15 more seconds, Endeavor and Todoroki arrived behind me, after dealing with a rather persistent brat halfway across the street.

Endeavor glanced at the handcuffed villain at my feet, and nodded.

"Police will be here soon. Leave him be."

I nodded, and followed the big dude out of the alley, with Todoroki trailing right behind me.

In the few days that I had spent at the Endeavor Agency, the Number Two Hero hadn't spoken much to me.

Even when we were back at the office, and he was training us individually, he focused much more on Shoto instead, and just gave me basic martial arts training, something that I was already used to. Even when I made it a point to tell him that I knew everything that he was teaching me, he just huffed and stayed silent, choosing to ignore me.

Was it because Shoto was along with me, that he's ignoring me?

Or is it because he's just a jerk?

Either ways, it didn't matter. It's not like I liked Endeavor. It's just that he's the Number Two Pro Hero, so I had assumed that I would at least get some good experience working alongside him. But till now, I've only been doing katana and blade practices, and lugging behind thieves.

I sighed, and collapsed onto the sofa present in the resting room of the Agency.

"Hey kid! Tired already!?" a voice screamed out at me.