Chapter 3

song suggestions lmk :)
***
Capri Martin
"Now Sam. You know I can't wear this." I huffed, looking at myself in the mirror.

This girl had me in this tight lil black dress and it was cutting off my circulation. It was cute though. Wouldn't wear it any other time or anywhere else.

My parents would literally kill me if they ever saw me wear anything above my knees. They were old school and had kids in their mid 30's so a lot of their rules were hella outdated.

"Yes you can." Samaria replied. "You look cute, it hugs your body real nice and it makes you look like you have a lil booty."

Looking in her vanity mirror, I stared at myself. "You think so?"

"Yeah. You can keep it. I haven't worn it in forever." She nodded, waving me off.

"Oh I can't take this." I chuckled. "My mom or dad sees me in this, it's over fa me."

"Pri. When are you gone realize you is grown?! You turn 18 this school year and ya parents can't keep dictating lil shit like this. They still tell you how to dress?" She asked, applying lip gloss in the mirror next to me.

I took a deep breath. "You wouldn't get it Sam. Strict parents don't let you do shit."

"Well it's senior year and...I'm finna break you outta that if it kills me this time around."

"You say that every year and it never happens." I laughed.

"Well..it's gone happen. Starting off with this party. You ready?" She asked.

I took one last look in the mirror, fixing my hair and pulling my dress down. "I'm ready. Let's bounce."

With that said, Sam and I grabbed the last of our things and head out her house. I wasn't looking forward to this party, but if it meant I got to spend some time with Micah then I was all for it.

I felt like this night was gonna be decent.

***
Q Grey
I couldn't sleep. One, it was too early to be going to bed. Two, Eli's mouth breathing ass kept snoring on the couch next to me. I was sick of this shit already and I wanted to go back home. At least at home we got our own separate spaces.

Jen said it was only temporary though. That'd we'd be in our own rooms soon. She was just preparing them or sum. Until then, I was gone be in a pissy ass mood. Matta fact, I think I was gone be in a pissy ass mood regardless.

Getting up from the couch, I made my way into the kitchen and flicked the light on. It was a nice kitchen not gone lie. Jen's fridge was 3 times the size of our fridge back at home. And it was stocked with all kinds of food and shit.

Grabbing a cup from the cupboard, I pressed it against the automatic water dispenser. I was thirstier than a muh, not gone lie. I ain't eat nothing fa dinner so the least I could get right now was a glass of water.

Sitting at the kitchen island, I downed the cup of water then went back for another one. This time when I did it, I turned on the ice machine by accident. I ain't even know fridges could do that shit.

Startled, I quickly grabbed another cup of water and sat back down. As I finished the cup, I could hear someone approaching me from behind. I assumed it was Eli but it'd been Jen when I turned around.

She greeted me with a genuine smile then walked past me towards the fridge.

"Can't sleep?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Nightmares?"

I shook my head again. "Nah. Ion get those."