Chapter 120

Capri Martin
I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I'd been up crying and watching sitcom reruns on tv. So laughing and crying. All while eating the dinner I made and some of Q's snacks he kept under his side of the bed for when he smoked.

That was a dumb idea though. I couldn't keep it down and ended up throwing it all up. This morning actually. So I was hungry all over again. Hungry and dozing off on this patient bed.

Waiting for my doctor so they could diagnose me with whatever illness I had. I hoped it was nothing serious at all. I was going through enough as it was.

Not on good terms with my man, he wasn't answering any of my messages, mood swings, feeling sick, the shit going on with my dad, it was just a lot right now. And as soon as it was over, I would be at so much peace.

Interrupting me from my thoughts, a nurse came right into the room with a blood pressure pump.

"Hello sweetie." She smiled. "I'm just going to take your blood pressure then take your weight and height. Capri right?"

"Yes." I nodded, sitting up and holding my arm out.

"How are you today?" She questioned.

"I'm okay." I nodded, watching as she slipped my arm into the pressure cuff. "Just feeling a little sick."

"Awww I'm sorry to hear that." She responded, directing me to the scale and writing down my weight and measurements. "The doctor will be with you very shortly, love. You can have a seat on the examination bed."

Taking a deep breath, I watched as the nurse left then sat back on the bed. I felt like shit and as soon as I got home, I was going straight to sleep.

My body had just been so exhausted. That was another thing that seemed odd to me. I was always tired and never in the mood to do anything.

"Hi. I'm doctor Reyes. Capri, right? Capri Martin."

"Yes." I responded, sitting up from slouching. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." She responded with a small smile. "What brings you here today?"

"I've been feeling sick. I can't hold any food but my appetite is bigger than ever. I'm always tired...it's just a lot on me. I started a new job, moved into a new place, I don't need this right now."

"Hmm." She nodded, writing it down in her notes. "How early did these symptoms start?"

"I can't remember but they got bad around me and my boyfriends house warming party. I got some catered food and I threw it up the next morning."

"Ah ha!" She responded. "Do you think it could've been food poisoning? Sometimes you can contract viruses from that and they don't go away for weeks unfortunately. Some are so bad you can't hold food. That's why you have a big appetite."

"That's what I was thinking." I nodded, pointing my finger.

"I'll tell you what, we'll run some tests and get to the bottom of this. I'm here to help you and make you feel better." She responded.

"Okay." I smiled, feeling a little bit relieved that this was one problem I was getting out of the way. Two more to go.

***
Q Grey

***Q Grey