Chapter 5

lil character visual :)
***
Capri Martin

lil character visual :)***Capri Martin

Lunch was loud as usual. Literally people were jumping on the tables and acting like zoo animals. And honestly I'd rather be anywhere else. Anywhere else but here.

On the bright side, my friends had been with me. Sam, Sonny, Zillah, and annoying as he was, Jayceon. I still ain't forgive his ass for pushing me in that pool either.

"Where Micah at?" Sonny spoke with a mouth full of food.

I shrugged my shoulders, sitting back and sipping my water. I figured he didn't wanna join us for lunch because of the conversation we had earlier. I didn't give a fuck...made my life easier. If he wanted to be childish, he could go right ahead.

"Yeah. I ain't seen him either. Probably with the coach a sum." Jayceon added. "Thought Pri would know but I guess not."

The table almost went silent until Nisi approached us. With high energy as usual. That's what Sam, Zillah and I liked about her. She was just fun to have a around. Sometimes...

"Y'all!" She squealed.

We suddenly gave her all of our attention. Honestly I didn't care. Anything to get it off the Micah topic. Cause then I'd have to explain that we'd been going through a rough patch and that was always embarrassing to admit. Especially to ya friends.

"What is it?" Zillah asked. Her voice had naturally been so sweet and angelic when she spoke.

"I think I'm in love!" She exclaimed, trying to match the way Zillah sounded.

We all spoke in unison. "Again?!"

"Yes, yes but hear me out!" She pleaded.

Sam sucked her teeth. "Denise...it was literally Byron from Biology last week. Now who is it?"

"A new kid. He's so sweet." She sighed, sitting in between Sam and I.

"Not you preying on the newbie." Jayceon snickered.

"I'm not! Mrs. Robinson asked me to show him around campus and help him get to his classes! So I did...plus I kinda saw him on my way in and volunteered to help."

"Nisi don't stalk the boy now." Sam chuckled.

Her mouth dropped wide open. "Wh- I'm not."

"Yeah whatever Denise. You know you a damn lie. But...I'm bout to get back to class. I ain't even posed to be skipping lunch with y'all." Jayceon chuckled. "Coach said if I can't maintain my average, I can't play onna team no more. Whatever the fuck that mean."

Getting up from the table, Jayceon left the cafeteria after we waved him goodbye. Then Zillah exhaled as if she were holding her breath.

"What's wrong?" I chuckled, looking over at her.