Chapter 115

some cole content bc capri's brother is find as he'll.
***
Capri Martin
Online classes were no joke but working from home seemed nice. I got some sleep, finished my work by 1 and now I had the rest of my day to myself.

Q left early this morning to meet his brother at his old place. Just last minute things he didn't do and he said he wanted to spend some time with him. I didn't mind. Just as long as he came home tonight, I was fine.

Both me and Q were on the same page either way. Since I had nothing else to do today, I thought I'd pay my brother a visit. I haven't seen them since Christmas and I was so excited to spend some more time with him and his family.

Knocking on this mans apartment door, I stood back and waited for someone to open it for me. Moments later, I heard someone come to the door. Then it swung open and I was met face to face with a tired looking Cole.

"Ewwww. Whatchu doin here?" He smiled, opening his arms out for a hug.

I reached in as we put our arms around each other. Then I walked right into his place and looked around.

"I'm here to see my niece. Where is she? Ayla! It's aunty!"

"Bruh we just got ha down fo a nap!" He hissed, closing the door behind me.

"I don't care! Ayla!" I called out.

"You mad fuckin annoying Pri." He huffed, taking my coat and hanging it up.

"Well how else am I supposed to give her the toys I got her?" I scoffed.

"When she wakes up." He squinted, sucking his teeth. "You know what...ima let you do it. Ha first tantrum, you settling ha down. Me and Emmy sitting that shit out."

"Where's Em?"

"She went ta gone get ha nails and shit done. It's ha day off so she figured Ayla could catch a quick nap before she came back." He sighed.

"Awwww. How long before she gets back?"

Leading me to the kitchen, I followed Cole as we continued to converse. "Shit ion know. You know how long self pampering be takin. She could be gone all day. That means I'm stuck with that luh twerp all day."

"Aht- Don't talk about my niece like that!" I laughed, finding it a little funny.

"Try spending a week witta. You'll never want a kid. I guarantee it. Cause why the fuck I'm lookin fa my keys the other day...come ta find out shawty flushed them down the toilet."

"Oh my God!" I laughed, taking a seat with him at the kitchen table. "I just know she would have a blast with Calani. She's just as bad and a little younger so they'd make a sick duo."

"Too bad ion really speak ta Brenda that much." He shrugged. "Ay and Lani seem to get along but Brenda always been weird towards me. Ion know. Maybe it's just me."

"I will admit Brenda was never 100 with us." I sighed. "But...at the same time...I wanna stay close to my sister. She's the only one I got. She's still family."

"You right. You right. I do luh Lani a whole lot. She remind me of when you was a baby. She looks just like you and Derrick a luh bit."

"Yeah she does look like daddy." I snickered. "Same nose and lips."

For a second, we let an awkward silence fall.

"Speaking of daddy..."

"Pri don't start...please." He begged.

"No! No! I promise it's not one of those conversations." I assured him even though...technically it was.

"What is it?" He questioned.