Chapter 43

Capri Martin
The night had been long and I was tired. Q was tired too. He had this weary look on his face and I felt so bad. All the shit he had to put up with. Poor baby. He didn't deserve it. He just wanted to live a normal life but he had no choice but to deal with the shit he was going through.

No one should have to be dealing with what he was dealing with at his age. Especially at his age! It made me so mad inside. And it made me wanna loosen my tongue and talk my shit to Eli a little more. He needed to let go of the strange hold he had on his baby brother. Let the boy live.

Next time, I wasn't gonna bite my tongue if we spoke again.

Pulling up to the front of my house, Q took a deep breath as he parked the car. Then he took the keys out of ignition and got out. Opening the passengers seat for me, he grabbed my gifts from the back seat then closed the door behind me.

"Thank you fa letting me stay with you. I really appreciate that shit. For real Pri I ain't never met a chick like you befo."

"Of course I got you. You're my boo. I gotta treat you like it."

Q smiled at me looking away. Then he shook his head, taking a deep breath. "I really like you. This shit crazy."

Grabbing his hand, I squeezed it. "I really like you too."

"We so corny."

"We are but it's cute. And no one's around so...we can be some corny muh fuckas all we want."

"Well let's get in this house and corny ourselves ta BED. I'm shlumped."

"Same." I sighed, putting my keys in the door.

"Wait...we gone through the front?" He questioned.

"Yeah nobody but my dad should be home. And by this time, that nigga is asleep. Especially without my mama here to keep him awake worried about me." I chuckled, unlocking and opening up the door.

Q nodded his head, letting me through the door first. Then he stepped in after me, closed it and locked it afterwards.

"Okay now be quiet just in case someone is home." I whispered, taking my shoes off and slowly inching towards the stairs.

Q did the same, quietly putting my gifts down and as he did, I heard a moan.

"Stop that!" I whispered.

"Stop what?! I ain't do shit!"

Sucking my teeth, I watched his lips move this time around. Then we heard the moan again.

"I'm tweakin or you heard that too?" He questioned.

"I heard it." I nodded, furrowing my brows.

"Couldn't be yo mama...right? She out for a business trip? Ain't she?"

"Yeah. She was getting ready this morning and left this afternoon."

"Maybe yo pops left the tv on." He suggested.

"Yeah. Maybe." I sighed, sliding across the floor and into the living room to turn the tv off.