Chapter 27

i'm really writing for y'all as i'm getting a thigh tattoo 😑 y'all betta enjoy this ch. :)
***
Capri Martin
I couldn't even touch my food. My whole mood was ruined from the moment Micah called me in the hallway. It had me wishing I'd just ignored him.

I didn't want to believe what people said about Quentin. I didn't but they all just proved themselves right and here I was looking stupid. I didn't know how to feel about his lifestyle to be honest.

We both came from very different backgrounds. I was raised by hardworking parents who loved each other and I was used to different shit. Getting what I wanted but also working hard for it. I believed in living life the honest way to a certain extent.

And I understood that not everyone could but...I didn't realize it was right in front of me. It being Quentin. I just wanted to know his reasonings for the things that he did. Like why the fuck would he pull a gun out on Nisi?

I hated the girl too but damn? I wasn't used to dealing with people like him and I found it scary. And the drug dealer allegations. Didn't know how to feel to be honest. But I couldn't help but wish our conversation could've went a different way. I wish he could've been more direct with me. Told me what it was from the jump.

Maybe I would have reacted a different way.

But at the same time, I didn't want to know the fact that he was potentially putting me in danger being his friend.

I just wanted to go with the flow.

All in all, I had mixed feelings. I was confused. My mind had been everywhere right now. I couldn't even hold my fork properly so the dinner table. Couldn't even see it with the tears welled up in my eyes.

The way we left things off didn't sit right with me. I considered him such a good friend during the time I got to know him. But I guess it was too good to be true.

"Capri are you okay?" My dad asked with a mouth full of food.

I looked up at him, letting my tears fall onto my plate. I couldn't even answer the man without my voice cracking.

"No, I'm good." I winced, looking back down at my plate. 

I obviously wasn't okay and by the awkward silence at the table you could tell that they all could tell. I could feel my brother, my mom and my dads eyes on me.

"You good Pri?" Cole asked me.

I nodded my head, standing up from the dinner table and taking my plate with me. I didn't want my family seeing me like this. It was embarrassing one and two I didn't want to explain what was going on. My mom and my brother didn't like Q as it was and my dad didn't know who he even was in the first place.

And it wasn't like I could flat out tell them what happened. Especially when they were both involved heavily in the judicial system. Q could easily get arrested if I opened my mouth and even though we were in a fight, I didn't want him in trouble.

Clearly he has it rough. I didn't need to make it worse.

Looking down at my plate, I took a deep breath and fixed my lips to speak.

"I'm gonna go to bed early." I uttered, slowly walking away from the dinner table.

No words were said and no one tried to stop me. No one asked anymore questions and like that, I put my plate on the kitchen counter and made my way to my bedroom. I could feel myself about to cry even harder than I was.

And I didn't know why I was trippin so hard. I got into disagreements with my friends all the time and none of them made me cry. None of them made me feel this way. And I didn't even KNOW Quentin for that long. He'd been at the school going on a month next week.