Chapter 97: VEGAS (part two)

Capri Martin
5:00am
7 hours later...
We'd been driving for 7 hours. 7 hours straight. Non stop. No bathroom breaks, gas breaks, nothing. Just driving. No music, no talking, no sleep. Just driving.

Looking down at my phone I'd been on 2%. My charger had been in the duffle bag I packed but it'd been in the trunk. So I couldn't even use my phone anymore after already using it sparingly. Then suddenly it buzzed. I didn't intend to look down at it but I did anyways. Could've been one of my parents and I was praying they'd save me from this absolutely fucked up situation and the individual sitting next to me.

sammy🫶🏽
so how was the date? i haven't heard a peep from you all night? musta been good, huh🌚 give me alla the deets sis

And before I could reply, my phone died right in my hands. Now I really had nothing and I knew QUENTIN wasn't going to help me out. I was so sick of him.

But now I had to pee. And it was getting to the point where it hurt to breathe. I'd been holding it in for a good two hours when I had to go. But now I REALLY had to go.

"I have to pee." I blurted, scared for his reply.

But he ignored me. So I said it again.

"I. Have. To. Pee." I repeated with a slight attitude now. Mind you these had been my first words to him in the last 7 hours.

"Aight but way you finna go? It's nun but highway fa the next few miles."

"Just stop. I'll go in the bushes or something." I shrugged. "Wipe with the napkins in the glove compartment."

"I ain't stoppin Capri." He mumbled.

"Well what do you want me to do? Piss on your seats?" I spat.

"Do that all you want. I ain't stoppin the fuckin car my nigga."

"STOP THE CAR OR FIND ME A FUCKING BATHROOM BITCH!" I yelled, letting him hear how he'd been talking to me this entire time.

He nodded his head, pressing his foot on the gas a little harder now. And now he'd been speeding to the point where my back was glued to my seat.

"QUENTIN STOP!" I shouted.

Looking over at him, his jaw had been clenched and his hands had been tightening around the wheel.

"YOU WANNA FUCKIN PEE RIGHT?"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH Y-"

Suddenly, we both could see cop car lights behind us. Then we heard the sirens. We both knew it was over from there.

"SHIT! I can't get caught by the feds bruh! I can't." He panicked. "I gotta car fulla drugs, money and guns. They gone lock me up!"

Well he should've fucking thought about that shit BEFORE he decided to start speeding like an idiot.

"Please Pri. Hide my guns in yo purse. Please mama please." He begged, handing them to me as he pulled over.

Petty me almost handed them back to him or threw them out the window. But...I put them in my purse. Because anything he got in trouble for, I would too. That was the sad part about it. I'd be considered an accomplice.

Coming to a complete stop, Q prayed to God that nothing would happen to us this morning. I just knew he was regretting every mistake he'd ever made and I could see the literal fear in his eyes. Felt like I could hear his heart beat too. This was a bad look. The car had been fucked up, we'd been two teenagers and we'd been all dressed up like we were going out still.

"License and registration please." The cop asked, stepping right over to his window. Thank God this man was black. A white cop would've put us both in jail tonight. Or worse.