Chapter 26

Capri Martin, Thursday
I found myself doodling his name on my notebooks in class. In fancy fonts and in my own handwriting. I would draw hearts and shit out of habit on everything I owned. Like all of my erasers, text books, even on my hands. And I didn't even realize it until I saw that there was no space on my notebooks.

I felt so down bad about this boy. The chokehold he had me in was unbelievable. All day, I couldn't focus on a damn thing. In every class I kind of spaced out and created fake scenarios in my head. Either that or I thought of everything that happened yesterday.

From the time he dropped me off to school to the time he picked me up. The second time he kissed me, it hit different. It was smooth like butter melting all over my body. Like a gentle flowing river. Pure bliss.

Hanging out with him was everything to me. And I felt like he'd been changing me for the better. After we smoked, we kinda just fell asleep on top of each other in his bed. I realized getting high made me so tired but I didn't mind it.

When he dropped me off to school this morning, I almost didn't want to leave him. I wanted to stay in that car with him and let whatever happen, happen. But I always found myself choosing my grades over him.

And you know what...I didn't give a fuck what anyone said about me and Q. Not my friends, parents, or peers. They loved judging him before actually getting to know who he was. Sum told me he was gonna beat every allegation made against him.

But that didn't stop me from questioning why he was so secretive. Why he couldn't tell me certain things for my own assurance. Like yesterday when I asked him how he got the weed, he couldn't give me a direct answer and it made me a lil nervous. Made me think about what Jayceon said and how it might be true.

Like could he really be what everyone said he was? And if so...it led me to think what else he was doing on the side. What else he kept hidden from everyone.

But! I had convinced myself that those were intrusive thoughts. I was still gone question Quentin until I knew everything about him though.

Suddenly, the bell rang ultimately breaking me away from my thoughts. I couldn't believe I day dreamed the entire fucking period. The entire period! When I looked down at my work sheet the teacher had given us, I only had 1/4 of the paper filled out.

"Just leave your worksheets in the classwork bin at the door. Have a good rest of the day you guys!" The teacher spoke, waving to the class as we left.

Well fuck me? Because that work sheet wasn't even near completion. I wrote my name down and filled out two and a half questions.

Taking a deep breath, I stuffed it into my bag without using a folder. I figured I'd do it in another class and hand it to him at the end of the day. My mind was off track but it was okay. I was gonna work everything out.

Getting up from my seat, I made my way out of the door with the rest of the class then stood in the hallway. I had too much shit on my mind but the only thing I could wrap my head around was Q...

Even as I walked down the hallway, I couldn't help but think of how he could be next to me right now. But his dumb ass just had to fight Nisi's brother and get suspended.

Instead we were texting and I couldn't take my eyes off my phone. The way he was making me laugh right now was unreal. I swear only his jokes could put me in tears even through text.

He was out here sending me pictures of myself sleeping on his bed. He'd woken up before me so he took his chances to get a couple of photos in. I cringed so hard and wanted him to delete them but he insisted on keeping em.