Chapter 67

Q Grey
December 16th, two weeks later
"Are you excited?" Jen smiled, entering my kitchen.

"Mad hype. Our flight leaves early, early so after my shower I'm finna go to bed."

"Are you packed yet? I could bring your suitcases to the front so you won't have to drag em in the morning."

"Nah. I was gone pack when I woke up." I shrugged, finishing up my dinner and putting the plate in the sink.

"QUENTIN?! YOU AREN'T PACKED?!"

"No? What's the problem?" I shrugged.

"It's the day before you're flying to HAWAII and you haven't packed your suitcase yet. But you're leaving at 5:00am tomorrow morning. You don't see the problem here?" She huffed, putting her hands in the air with frustration.

"Well don't blame me! I ain't neva done this before!"

"What? Pack a suitcase?" She chuckled.

I shook my head. "No."

"Oh...well I'd be happy to help." She smiled.

"Well if you wanna that's cool." I shrugged.

"Okay bring down everything you're taking and I'll help you organize."

Leaving my kitchen, I made my way up to my bedroom and grabbed allem clothes Capri and I bought. Plus some outfits I already had. Had all my chains to go with em too. I was gone look fresh ta death on this island with ha.

I was surprised this even happened to be honest. Ha daddy was really comfortable with our relationship. So comfortable, he invited me on a trip with her. For a whole week?

Nigga was trippin if he thought I wasn't drillin his daughter at least one good time. No black parent would ever. But he was kinda thanking us for not telling his wife he was cheatin on ha...so spoiling us made sense.

Ion even know how Capri felt about this shit no more. One day she didn't like it, next day she was smiling in Brenda face and helping her with ha clothing brand. It confused me but I just went with it.

Crazy thing was nigga was lyin to everybody. Even Jen. Told ha it was a family trip. That Cole was goin, ha moms was goin, even Cole girlfriend. To make the situation sound less weird.

But again, I shrugged it off. This wunt my family drama. I had enough as it was. I was just there to support Pri with any decision she made. At the end of the day, I was fine with whateva.

This Hawaii trip had me hype though. I ain't neva been anywhere before. So my first trip being in a different time zone, let alone different part of the country kinda excited me. No guns, no drugs, no Elroy, no opps, no shoota drama, fa a whole week.

I felt like...I kinda deserved this shit. Ion know.

Making my way downstairs, I lugged all my shit down with me and threw it all on the couch fa Jen to organize.

"I- Quentin?"

"What?"

"I didn't know you really meant none of your shit was packed. Look at this...everything is everywhere. Let me fix this." She huffed, going straight for all my stuff.

"I could help-"

"NO! Don't touch it. Let me pack for you." She grumbled, pushing me to the side and organizing all my clothes. "You aren't gonna do it right and next thing you know, when you pick up your clothes on the carousel they're gonna be scattered everywhere and you're gonna call me crying and your trip is gonna be ruined and I'm gonna have to FLY to Hawaii with replacement clothes and-"