Chapter 128

Capri Martin, 7:00pm
It was too cold in this bitch. Way too cold. I'd been layering up everyday with a bunch of covers and keeping two pairs of socks on.

The heater broke a few days ago and I didn't know how to fix it. Of course Quentin didn't know how to either. But there was nothing he could do.

We didn't have the proper tools or experience to fix it anyways. So I had to hire a professional. He should've been here by now and it was kinda late at this point. He was supposed to come during the day but called and told me he was gonna be running behind schedule.

I was just sick of being cold.

So getting up from the couch, I made my way over to the thermostat and turned it all the way up. Then I checked the vents. Nothing. So I took it upon myself to try and pry the thermostat open.

In the midst, someone came knocking at my door and the cover popped right off.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed under my breath.

Trying to put it back in place, I only ended up making it worse. The wires were now poking out and looking a hot mess. Something told me not to fuck with this damn thermostat but here I was making matters worse.

"This better be that nigga." I huffed, checking the peephole in the door.

Thankfully, it was. Just standing there, running late with his tool box and his phone in his hand.

Closing up my robe, I let him in with a warm smile then closed the door behind him.

"I'm sorry I'm late. The last place I was workin on took longer than expected. Their problem was far worse than what it was." He apologized.

"No! It's okay, it's okay." I chuckled.

He didn't look like a maintenance man to me. He looked like a male stripper in a maintenance man costume. Tall and dark skin, hair cut fresh and waves on SWIM! He had bushy but tamed eyebrows, pink and plump lips with pearly white teeth. Man was fine to say the least.

"So what seems to be the problem?" He questioned, staring me down.

"U-um. The heating vents blew out. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem was." I sighed, tying my robe together.

"I could see." He chuckled, looking over at me then at the hanging thermostat on the wall. I was embarrassed at this point but it was kinda funny. At least he didn't make me feel bad about breaking it.

"Yeah. As you could see I was kinda trying to fix it on my own." I chuckled.

Watching him move the wires around and take a deeper look into the problem, he finally came to a conclusion.

"Yeah. I see what the problem is. Your circuit blew. But this ain't nothing I can't fix. Give me an hour tops." He said.

"Okay perfect. It was looking like I was gonna have to purchase a whole new system. Thank God."

"Yeah you just sit tight. I got this." He nodded with a friendly smile.

Nodding my head, I smiled back and made my way into the living room. "If you need anything...let me know. I got snacks, bottled water, you name it."

"Of course. Thank you."

And with that said, I left the hallway and entered my living room. Colder than ever and waiting for the heat to turn on. Once it got to working, maybe finally I could start to relax and enjoy myself.

The last few days had been very awkward and confusing. Between my dad, my job, Quentin, his stupid lil hoe, his reaction to me being pregnant, and now the heat being broken, it was all too much stress on me.