Chapter 16

i needed to take a micro break. weed got my brain hella foggy and i haven't been able to write.
***
Capri Martin
The school day was over and I couldn't have been more stressed. So many things were on both my mind and my plate. My mom had called me last minute to come straight home which sucked. Couldn't even hang out with Sam or do anything after school. She was working a late shift and neither her or my dad would be home in time to make dinner. So I was stuck.

And of course they didn't ask for anything from Cole. The man was fully well and capable to do anything I could do but no...somehow the household responsibilities always fell on me.

I had a headache and I had two reports due tomorrow too. I couldn't keep up.

Standing in the parking lot, I took some deep breaths. Maybe if I did that, some of the stress would defuse. As I breathed in and out, I could feel myself starting to calm down just a little bit.

This last year, senior year was no joke and soon we were going to have to start applying to colleges. With the stress of my academic life and social life, I didn't know how I was gone make it out. I needed some form of relief.

"Yo..." Someone spoke from behind me.

I kind of ignored it figuring no one would be talking to me but there it was again.

"Juice pouch?" He spoke again.

I immediately knew who that was, becoming very flustered when I turned around and saw Quentin.

"H-hey." I smiled, looking down at my feet.

"You love playing with ya bracelets huh?" He chuckled, noticing that as well.

I swore it was unintentional. I never realized what I'd been doing but he always seemed to catch it.

I cleared my throat. "I guess. I don't know..."

Lifting my chin up to look him in the eyes, he stared directly into mine. I hated when he did that and now my nerves were acting up. Why was he like this?

"You alright?" He asked, keeping his hand on my chin.

"I- yeah. Yeah. I just have um...a headache" I told him, looking to the side.

He removed his hand from my chin, reaching into his book bag. Then he pulled out a prescription pill bottle filled with thick white pills.

My eyes widened in disbelief. "What is that?"

"Ibuprofen. Relax. Take one and you'll be find in the next hour or so." He nodded, handing me the pills.

"Hmmm taking pills from a boy I just met not too long ago..." I joked, hoping to get a rise out of him.

His jaw dropped. "That's how it is juice pouch?"

"I'm playingggg." I chuckled, taking my water bottle from my back pack.

Turning away from him so he wouldn't see me, I emptied one pill on to my hand then stuffed it down my throat. Once that part was over, I turned back towards him, took a sip of the water and handed him back the pills.

"Thank you so much Quentin." I thanked him with a closed-mouthed smile.

"No problem..." He nodded. "So you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"You ain't forget that quick now."

"Oh shit! Yeah. Helping you study. I'm so sorry. It slipped my mind. My mom had called me to come home early and with that, I just forgot about it."

"It's aight. If you want, we could do it another time. I ain't trippin." He shrugged.

"No!" I exclaimed, suddenly changing my tone to a more calmer attitude. "No...we can still do it today. I don't mind it. My parents won't be home until late."