Chapter 56

Q Grey
All my cousins was here. Shit was crazy cause I ain't seen these niggas in years. Not since Grandma died. She brought a lot of us together all the time. Majority of the pictures in Jen's photo albums were taken at her crib.

Now seein all the family from my moms side really made me reminisce about Rainier Beach. Even though it was dangerous out there, we was still somewhat a community.

It was mad weird to see em all grown up like me. I didn't even recognize some a them. Some of these niggas had kids and they was the same age as me and Eli.

Wunt no way I was goin down they path. I was gone keep buyin them condoms and plan B's fa Pri like my life depended on it. I ain't want kids right now. Wasn't where my head was at.

I wanted to finish since I had a chance now. Get some kinda degree with Pri's help. Find a real job and then maybe in my mid 20's I'd think about poppin out a few mini me's.

"AIN'T NO WAY? IS THAT MY FAVORITE COUSIN?!" Someone shouted from behind me.

I furrowed my brows and squinted my eyes to see who'd been coming up behind me.

"AH SHIT! MY FAVORITE COUSIN! LOOK AT YOU NIGGA! LUH DON DON?!"

"NIGGA LOOK AT YOU! TATTED LIKE YOU A FUCKIN CHIPOTLE BAG. BRING IT IN HOMIE!" He exclaimed, reaching in for a nigga hug.

"Man I ain't seen you in so long. How you been fam?" I cheesed, patting his back and pulling away.

"Good than a muhhh. My rappin career sky rocketing. Getting fi hunnet streams a song on sound cloud." He answered. "Graduated high school last year. Took me 6 years but I made it and feel successful."

"That's good bro. How yo mom doin?" I chuckled.

"She coolin. Still in the hospital but doctors say she gettin better. She'll be out in no time." He answered in a more serious tone. "But how you been?"

"I been good. Chillin. Lovin the new neighborhood. Making bread on the side. You know? Me and E been good."

"That's what's up." He smiled, dappin me up. "It's good to see you nigga. All these memories coming back and shit.

"Yeah I remember. We used to ride bikes and terrorize all the lil kids on our block." I reminisced.

"Don't forget how we used to get every kid on the block to play man hunt. Us niggas always won too. Shit was fun as hell."

"Yeahhhhhh!" I exclaimed. "Man I miss that shit. Now we all grown up. Time really be flyin."

"Nah for real man. So I say we make the most of me visiting. Cause right after this I'm going right back to the crib. We live in Spokane now. Big crib. Real nice out there. But it's far from Bellevue."

"Yeah you right. We gotta make the most a this. I'll bring the play station out. And we could play."

"You smoke?" He whispered, leaning in to me.