Chapter 11

this song is just something fa the girls idk
***
Capri Martin, Friday evening
A whole week without seeing Micah. A whole week and I couldn't believe I'd gotten this far. I felt proud of myself. I maybe cried one or two times thinking about it. But it was short lived and I went back to distracting myself with my hobbies.

All week I was able to avoid him. It might've been because he wasn't attending school but I still felt good about it. I was taking it one day at a time and making sure he was deleted out of my phone too.

No pictures, no videos, any traces of text messages. Everything was gone. Of course with the help of Sam pushing me to do it. Other than that, we were done. And slowly but surely I was getting over it.

I couldn't help to think about all the time that was wasted. But I knew my worth and knew I deserved someone who actually loved me. Someone who was going to continue to love me.

I started to distract myself with tv shows and getting back into my lil hobbies. I didn't realize how much of my identity had been buried because of Micah. I always felt like I was in his shadow. Like I was just his accessory. Now I occupied my time with shit that I actually liked to do. That's part of why Sam planned this mall trip. A little thing for me to get up out of the house and forget about that boy.

"Pri...you look good." Samaria smiled, watching me get ready in the mirror. I wanted to look cute.

I had on a white tank, bedazzled in the shape of a butterfly, and cropped just above my belly button. Also a brown velour hoodie to go with it, some slow rise jeans that flared at the bottom. Then finally some black wedged sandals. Just got my toes painted white so I really pulled the look off. My hair was pulled back into this high ponytail too. Looked like I hopped straight out of a y2k magazine.

Turning my head, I looked back at her.

"Thank you." I smiled. "You look good too."

"Here." She said, digging in her jewelry box. "Wear these."

Looking down, Sam had handed me a pair of her favorite silver hoop earrings. They glistened under her room light and went perfect with my outfit.

"Thank you so much." I pouted, putting them on.

"I figured they'd look good on you. They match your aesthetic." She shrugged, grabbing her bag. "You ready? Sonny should be outside any minute now."

"Yeah let me just grab my th-"

Suddenly, someone came bursting into the room interrupting me and scaring the shit out of both of us. 

"Did I miss anything?!" Nisi panted, looking at both Sam and I.

"I- how'd you get in here?" Sam asked, genuinely confused.

"Your mom let me in. Now can y'all hurry and help me get ready?" She panicked.

Sam scoffed, walking past her. "Ooo girl. We was just bout to leave. You on your ow-"

"What do you need help with?" I asked.

"A lot." She huffed, setting her things down on Sams bed.

From the looks of it, I could tell Samaria was getting frustrated with Nisi. Ever since the day where she outed Zillah in front of everyone, it kind of left a bad taste in her mouth. Same with me.

"Well we're literally about to leave." Sam scoffed.

"Y'all please." She begged. "I invited my boyfriend to the mall with us."