Chapter Thirteen - Cassandra

13 Cassandra ~

The next two days felt like two months as my anticipation grew.

Wade was set to pick me up at 3:00pm and gave me a small list of things to pack.

I stood at the window of my safe apartment and paced back and forth with nervous energy.

What will he be like? Will he act differently once weve entered our 24 hour contract period? Where will he take me? To his home? Will he lock me in his bedroom for 24 hours?

My thoughts raced as I glanced at the clock in my kitchen.

2:54

Pushing out a shaky breath, I walked into my master bathroom and gave myself a quick head to toe check.

I hadn't felt this nervous or self conscious in years. The feelings Bennett had made me feel were always fear or misery, but this was different. I could barely contain my excitement and nervous jitters when I heard Brayden's voice from behind me as he opened my front door.

"Mr. Kingston is downstairs."

Holy shit I'm really doing this.

Making my way toward the elevator, I felt Brayden take hold of my wrist gently.

"If he oversteps or makes you feel uncomfortable in the least. You call me."

I had decided against having a security team, mostly because I wanted to be alone with Wade without having to explain myself to anyone.

"I will. Don't worry. I'm a big girl." I said with a mischievous smile.

"I'm serious Cassie. Wade Kingston is..."

"What? Arrogant? An asshole?" I sassed.

"Dangerous." Brayden corrected me.

Wade's reputation as being cutthroat and vicious had definitely preceded him.

"So am I." I said with a little less confidence, but maintaining my sassy smile.

It was 3:00 on the dot when I walked outside only to find Wade leaning against a small luxury sports car.

He looked good enough to eat and I wondered how he was going to fold his tall muscular body into that small car.

"Afternoon Duchess. You ready?"

I've been asking myself that same question all day.

I gave him a confident smile that I hoped concealed my nervousness and walked toward the passenger door of his car.

Without saying another word he helped me into the car before joining me inside with the air between us thick enough to cut.

"I sent you a copy of the contract, did you receive it?" He asked.

We had exchanged copies of the contract as well as medical testing records and an non-disclosure agreement.

"I did."

"I've memorized your preferences and will follow them to the letter during our time together. But you can always use your safe word as a full stop if you need to."

"Will using my safe word...end our time together?" I asked, wondering if using it would be considered a breach of contract.

"No. Your safe word is yours. It's not considered defiance when you use it. It's what keeps this all consensual."

His words were comforting and I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Your trust, consent, and confidence that I will abide by your rules is imperative for this to work. I expect obedience and submission but before you can give that to me, you have to understand that the foundation of every decision that I make is to pleasure you. Do you understand?"