Chapter Eighty Seven - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

Cruz sent a text to Xavier and Raf, instructing them not to engage in any conversations with the Russians until we reached the house. I can only imagine what must have been going through their minds with so little information. 

Grinning at his phone, Cruz allowed it to ding and buzz out of control against the center console - all unanswered as he commanded control of the powerful car beneath us.

He loves messing with his brothers. 

Once we reached the house, Cruz sauntered around the front of the car, his sly smile on display in the bright headlights as he opened the door for me. He reached for my hand, steadying me as I walked across the white gravel in my heels. 

Cruz's arms were strong and his body was lean and tall, looking down at me with a grin that never seemed to fade. He was so different from his brothers, he was dominant and had a commanding presence like them, but there was a side of him that was devious and unhinged - playful and mischievous with enough confidence to run the world single handedly.

As soon as we walked through the front door, Xavier's voice echoed from within the living room.

"What happened?"

"Had a little run in with the Russians."

"You good?" Xavier asked, looking Cruz up and down.

"Not me, her." Cruz chuckled and with those few words Raf and Xavier sprang to their feet with so much force that a lamp on the side table came crashing down onto the floor.

"What?" Raf roared, furious and scared all wrapped in one.

I quickly side stepped Cruz, letting both of them see my unharmed face and body as I threw a playful elbow into Cruz's side.

"You could have worded that a little better." I sassed, as Cruz laughed at his overprotective brothers. 

"You're right, but that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun." Cruz shot me a playful wink as Xavier pushed past him, cupping the sides of my face as he manipulated my head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" He scanned every inch of my body with his concerned eyes and tight jaw. 

"I'm fine." I assured him in a soft voice, feeling Raf circling me from behind.

"They didn't touch you did they?" Raf growled.

I shook my head and smiled, letting both of my protective doms look me over from head to toe, but Cruz was quickly losing interest in their concern.

"You can't be fucking serious. You think I'd let that happen?" Cruz scoffed as he dropped down onto the couch and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

"I'm perfectly fine. I swear" I reassured them again with Xavier and Raf towering over me on either side. Their hands roamed over my body, partially to make sure that I was unharmed and partially because they just needed skin to skin contact.

"You better start talking Cruz, why would the Russian's start shit with us? They know better." Xavier was angry and wanted answers - demanded answers.

With humor in his voice, Cruz scoffed and cleared his throat from his comfortable seat on the couch.

"Our little love was the one who instigated." Cruz snickered with pride in his eyes and humor on his tongue.

"What's he talking about?"

I couldn't tell if Xavier was angry or confused, probably both.

"I um...did something."

"What kind of something?" Raf asked harshly, his words dripping with concern.