Chapter Sixty Nine - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

I only woke once in the middle of the night, feeling weight in my abdomen as I jolted into consciousness. But when my eyes adjusted to the darkness I remembered where I was and who I was with.

Cruz laid face down across my stomach with one arm draped over me, breathing against my skin.

Raf was on his back propped up on a pillow with my hand in his resting on his chest. His large hand covered mine and held it in place.

Xavier was on his side facing me with one hand along the side of my neck and face. It moved when I woke up and I heard his deep gritty voice a few seconds later.

"You okay?" He mumbled without opening his eyes.

"I'm okay. I'm just not used to sleeping like this."

Xavier opened his eyes and studied my face for a second or two.

"But you like it?"

He wants me to know that I can kick them all out if I want to.

A smile stretched across my face and I nodded.

"Words." He said firmly before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I like it. In fact I'm afraid I might like it a little too much."

I could feel blush burning in my cheeks and I subtly rubbed my thighs together, trying to smother the ache that was building without waking Cruz.

Without opening his eyes Cruz responded to my movement by wrapping one arm underneath me and nestling his head against my abdomen which was fully exposed from the crop top I was wearing.

His face was dangerously close to where I wanted him most, but I tried to ignore it, which was nearly impossible.

I felt Cruz's lips on my skin as he kissed a line across my lower abdomen right above the elastic of my shorts. The tip of his tongue swirled small patterns against my flesh and the sensation made me gasp and tense.

"Relax little love. I won't fuck you with my tongue until you ask me to."

I could feel Cruz grinning against my skin before he settled his head back down, inches from my throbbing center.

"Let her sleep Cruz." Raf mumbled without opening his eyes or letting go of my hand.

Cruz let out a laugh that danced across my skin, but did as he was told, letting the weight of his body sink against me.

My eyes grew heavy and my blinks were lazy and long as Raf started to run his calloused hand up and down my arm. It was soothing and relaxing and I felt myself being pulled into sleep as I rested my head against Xavier. It was a deep restful sleep that I wasn't accustomed to, but was grateful for.

I didn't open my eyes again until mid morning.

*******

A throbbing headache greeted me the next time I opened my eyes, but I didn't mind that as much as I disliked the empty bed.

Did I dream that? Was it all drunken wishful thinking?

I sat up slowly, groaning and rubbing my temples as I surveyed the room, trying to differentiate between reality from drunken dreams.

Convincing myself it was all some sort of subconscious manifestation on my part, my eyes found Raf's shirt still discarded on the floor.

It was real. They really slept in here last night. All of them.

The smile on my face was uncontrollable despite the pounding in my head as I made my way into the kitchen.

It was empty as well with bright sunlight streaming in, forcing me to squint as I moved straight for the coffee maker.