Chapter Thirty Six - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

As the evening went on, several doms approached me and as flattered as I was by their attention, my focus and goal had shifted.

At the beginning of the night, I had scanned the crowd, searching for Wade, wanting him to see me in his domain with other dominants at my feet, but not anymore. Wade was an afterthought as my eyes continuously searched for Xavier every few minutes.

I found him talking to other submissives, but to my surprise and delight, he'd crane his neck and lock eyes with me, giving me a smile that made my insides melt.

It had been hours and I was starting to become tired and bored of the conversations being held around me, not finding a single dominant half as attractive or powerful as Xavier.

Asking the bartender for a glass of water, I laughed as she made a joke about one of the men's outfits and paid my tab with a smile on my face.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" The bartender ask with a sly grin.

"Yes. I think I did." I answered confidently, giving her a wink before I turned toward the stage.

My heart nearly exploded out of my chest when I saw Xavier excuse himself from the submissive he was chatting with and head over toward the side of the stage where he'd asked me to meet, letting me know he had chosen me as well.

It felt like walking on air as I smiled and walked toward him, concealed by the crowd and my small stature. I hadn't felt this excited and light in a very long time and just when I thought I couldn't get any happier, I felt a strong hand wrap around my bicep, spinning me around harshly before I could take another step.

"What the f-" I muttered, until my eyes fell on a furious Wade.

I wondered when you were going to show...Sir.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Wade seethed, squeezing my arm harshly and holding me in place.

My head swiveled over my shoulder, searching for Xavier, but he couldn't see me. His eyes swept over the crowd, but I was concealed by large bodies and random furniture.

Shit. Well this is what you wanted Cassie. Go ahead. Rub it in his face.

"Answer me." Wade practically yelled in my face.

"What do you think?" I snapped, holding my wrist up so Wade could see my informative wristband.

"Are you fucking kidding me Cassie?"

"No, I'm afraid I'm not."

"This is beyond low, even for you." He said, shaking his head and fuming with anger without letting go of my arm.

"Let go of me Wade." I said sternly, but fear started to gather in my gut as his grip only tightened.

"What makes you think you have the right to come here huh?" He rambled, with his breath smelling like whisky.

"I'm a member, haven't you heard?" I hissed.

"A member." Wade scoffed.

Tristan appeared over his shoulder, pulling him back, but Wade wasn't budging.

"Come on man, leave her alone. She's just here to fuck with you, it's not like she's up for auction."

Don't doubt me Tristan.

"And who says I'm not?" I snapped, only fueling the fire within Wade.

He pulled me firmly against his chest until his face was a few inches from mine as he glared at me with more hatred in his eyes than I'd ever seen.