Chapter Thirty Four - Wade

Wade ~

I stumbled into my apartment, drunk and miserable as I flopped down on my couch with a thud, and loosened my tie.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I narrowed my eyes against the brightness, focusing at the blurry name on the screen.

Tristan.

Knowing that I was going through some shit, Tristan responded by sub shopping for me, letting me know every time he found a submissive that suited my tastes.

"What?" I grumbled into the phone, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples.

"Listen, I get that you don't want to fly down here for the auction, but I found the perfect submissive for you. Come on man, you've always trusted my judgement and you're clearly not doing well."

I scoffed at his understatement and leaned back onto the couch, letting my head fall back against the cushions.

"It's two days. The prelim party and the auction. Surely you could hit the pause button on your own self destruction for two days."

Maybe it's not such a bad idea. Breaking in a new submissive had always been my favorite escape.

"We talking high quality, experienced submissives?"

"Only the best. Madam Ivy approved twelve new members. I only had to meet three of them before I found this one for you."

I'll admit, I'm interested. I could use the distraction.

"Better than Sierra?"

"Mmmhmm. With twice as much experience."

Okay now I'm really interested.

"What's she interested in?" I asked sitting up and trying to clear my head.

"Carte blanche." Tristan said slyly.

A complete freedom arrangement. No rules, no learning her preferences...she was open to anything.

"Name?" I asked, feeling myself start to come alive again.

"Summer."

"When?"

"Prelim party is tomorrow night and auction is Saturday night."

"I'll be there."

The line went dead, but I felt slightly more alive than I had in weeks. I knew there was a part of me that would still want Cassie, but this distraction was definitely worth a shot. Tristan was usually my eyes and ears at the club, shopping for submissives that he knew I would enjoy. He was shocked when I'd asked him to train a woman like Cassie because she was a mouthy brat and the exact opposite of the submissives I usually prefer.

I've tried everything else, and Cassie clearly has no interest in speaking to me, much less forgiving me. Might as well get my mind off of her with someone who will see and appreciate my worth.

******

The auction that was set to be held Saturday night was a large auction, which meant high caliber submissives and a large crowd of dominants.

There were so many submissives that a prelim party was necessary - a night for the dominants to meet each submissive. It was an elaborate affair that lasted hours starting in the evening and lasting until the early morning hours.

I made my way through the crowd until I found Tristan who gave me an endearing slap on the back.

"She better be worth it." I muttered to Tristan, scanning the crowd.

"Oh she is. Trust me." 

I followed Tristan through the bar and over to the private tables where a slender blonde was standing. Her big blue eyes locked onto mine before she shot her gaze to the floor, as if she needed permission to look at me.

"Wade, this is Summer." Tristan said, making the introduction.

Refusing to look at me without permission, I gently tilted her chin up with my knuckle.

Her head moved instantly, allowing me to manipulate the position of her chin until she was looking up at me with big doe eyes and a mouth that wouldn't speak a word unless spoken to.

So fucking perfect.

"What are you into Kitten?" I asked, brushing her hair away from her shoulder, exposing her neck.

"Whatever pleases you." She replied.

My eyes shifted over to Tristan who gave me a look that said - I told you so.

"The contracts on the table tomorrow are for 30 days. Would you be willing to be mine for that long?"

"I'd be yours for as long as you'd allow it Sir."

Dropping my head back onto my shoulders I let out a groan, loving how devoted she was to me already. She looked up at me with fear and respect in her eyes, a look that I wanted and needed more than anything at the moment.

"Let me grab a drink first, then I'll be back to get to know you a little better. Would that be okay?"

"Yes Sir." She purred, letting me know she was interested in me as well.

I brushed my thumb across her cheek and gave her a smile, before kissing her cheek gently.

"I want her." I said to Tristan under my breath as I turned toward the bar to grab a drink.

"I figured you would." Tristan scoffed.

I had only taken a few steps toward the bar when I heard a familiar sound - laughter that made my heart skip a beat and my gut twist into knots.

No fucking way.

My head swiveled and my smile dropped into a scowl as I searched for the source of the sound, praying my mind was playing cruel tricks on me.

I pushed past several people, drunk and furious off of the sound that flitted through the air and assaulted my ears.

My eyes finally landed on the one face that had tortured me for over a month, sitting casually at the bar as if she had any right to be there.

Cassie... What the fuck?

********
Thoughts? Theories? I love hearing from you!