Chapter Seventy Nine - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

The next morning Tyson's large frame brushed past us as if we weren't sitting in the kitchen, his eyes fixated and focused on the front door.

His steps were heavy and he looked angry, but then again, he always looked angry.

When he opened the door, small hands wrapped around his neck and he dropped his head down further, dwarfing his tall stature to give Kinsley a proper hug.

"What took you so long?" Tyson muttered.

"Xander and I picked up a few things."

The man standing behind Kinsley held up multiple bags in his hands, giving her an eye roll.

"A few." His voice was dripping with sarcasm as he displayed the bags for Tyson to see.

"Where is she?"

I could only assume Kinsley was talking about me.

"She's in the kitchen, but she's rattled Kins, Dane said to take it slow."

Giving Tyson a sigh and a playful wave of her hand, Kinsley side stepped her massive husband, brushing past him as if he weren't intimidating in the least.

"Cassie?" She called out for me sweetly, setting some bags on the counters.

Xavier's eyes went to me, trying to read how comfortable I was with visitors and Raf never left my side, standing slightly in front of me until I gave his bicep a reassuring squeeze.

Kinsley grinned at the attentive men surrounding me and for the first time since meeting her, I finally understood her ability to be with more than one man. It all made sense.

"I got your sizes from Xavier and picked up a few things for you. I hope you'll consider staying for a while, until we can get this all sorted out."

It was hard not to smile around Kinsley and I gladly accepted the clothing and toiletries, offering to pay for them, but ultimately being shot down.

"Tyson suggested we go to your apartment to get your clothes, but I...I didn't know which items held meaning to you. Certain items tend to hold memories, good and bad."

"Thank you." My voice was raspy and I felt Cruz pass behind my back and slide a hot cup of coffee in front of me.

"These boys have it bad." Kinsley sassed, pulling a small laugh from me.

"Yeah. I'm considering keeping them around."

There was something I had been itching to ask Kinsley, but I was nervous to bring it up in such a public setting. My uneasiness must have been evident on my face as we started to unpack the clothes from the bags.

"Everything okay?" Kinsley asked, placing her hand on top of mine.

The loud scrape of Rafs chair indicated he was standing at the ready and I could feel Xavier and Cruz's eyes on me.

"Um yeah, yes. I mean...yes everything's fine."

Well that was less than convincing.

No one in the room was buying my poor attempt at deception, especially Kinsley.

"Can we talk...alone?"

Nodding and smiling, Kinsley took hold of my hand and led me out of the testosterone filled kitchen, down the hall and into a bedroom.

"What's wrong? You can talk to me." She encouraged, sitting on the bed beside me.

Letting out a sigh, I picked at my nails, wondering if I could find the right words to describe how I was feeling at the moment.