Chapter Ninety - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

My dress was the perfect mixture of seductive and classy. Revealing and sexy while leaving just enough to the imagination to remain tasteful. I gave myself one final look in the mirror, turning semi circles to check every possible angle before joining the boys in the kitchen.

I could hear their hushed irritated voices and could smell scotch from across the room.

Xavier's brows were dropped into a hard line as he sipped his drink in his perfectly fitted tuxedo. He looked hardened and angry until I came into his line of sight. His expression changed instantly and I watched his eyes bounce from my face down to my toes then back again.

The smile on my face was uncontrollable and I drank in his genuine reaction as I waltzed confidently into the kitchen. Unable to control himself, Xavier set his drink on the counter as quickly as possible and wrapped his arms around me, running his hands down my sides as he pressed his body against mine.

"You look incredible." He said in a soft voice meant only for me.

"I could say the same about you. You sure do clean up nicely." I flirted, reaching up and straightening his tie as I got lost in his eyes.

Cruz and Raf were sitting in the living room just beyond the kitchen, lost in conversation. They looked irritated...no they looked down right pissed at the moment.

"Am I the only one who is actually looking forward to tonight?" I asked from Xavier's arms.

"Yes." Cruz and Raf answer in unison, their voices cold and sharp.

"If you two would take a break from fucking pouting, you might notice how stunning our girl looks." Xavier scolded in a tone that was meant to get his brother's attention.

They quickly snapped out of their conversation and whipped their heads in my direction as I turned in Xavier's arms.

"My night just got better." Raf said with a small smile as he stood and approached me. His tough exterior melted away as he gently took me from Xavier and kissed the side of my neck.

I was lost in his touch for a second or two, but Cruz's angry posture and lack of quick witted responses was concerning. I couldn't pull my eyes away from him. Raf followed my gaze as it drifted to Cruz and he quickly addressed the elephant in the room.

"I'm workin on it." Raf assured me quietly.

"He seems so angry." I added, unable to pull my eye away from Cruz.

"He is...but not at you." Xavier chimed in, letting his hand rest on the small of my back. "Come with me. Let Raf talk to Cruz for a little while."

Nodding my head with my eyes still on Cruz, I agreed, letting Xavier lead me into his bedroom with his hand wrapped around mine. My mind was distracted, but I tried my best to give Xavier my full attention, taking note of a crooked smile that he was having a hard time concealing.

What are you up to Xavier?

He stopped my forward motion in the center of the room while he disappeared into the closet for a few seconds. When he reappeared he was holding a velvet box that didn't look new but clearly held jewelry.

My eyes lit up at the sight and I gave him a wide smile as he approached me, obviously very proud of the contents of the small box.

"For me?"

"Mmmhmm." Xavier's smile was almost uncontrollable as he opened the box and revealed a gorgeous diamond dusted necklace. It was a breathtaking piece and my mouth dropped open at the sight of it.