Chapter Forty Nine - Xavier

Xavier ~

The early arrival of Raf caught me off guard, but he seemed receptive and respectful of the boundaries I'd laid down. I knew he and Cruz were going to be pissed, especially after they met her, but they would have to get over it. There was no way I was about to risk all of the progress I'd just made with Cassie.

I caught up on some work shit with Raf, going over the things that I needed to take care of when I returned home until I heard rustling from the bedroom.

Standing from the couch in the living room of the suite, I made my way over to the door, cracking it open and expecting to see sweet Cassie laying in the bed, rousing from sleep - But I saw something else instead.

Cassie was sitting up on the edge of the bed, fully dressed with her arms folded over her chest. Narrowing her eyes as she clocked me at the door, she looked furious and I knew exactly why.

Fuck.

"Explain." She snapped as soon as I entered the room, using a tone I didn't appreciate but probably deserved.

"How much did you hear?" I raked my palm down my face and pushed out a hard breath as I pulled the chair over to have a seat and face her.

"Enough...Why did your brother think that he would somehow be a player in our agreement?"

There it is. Fuck Raf and his loud fucking mouth.

Leaning forward in the chair, I tried to keep my voice as calm as possible and rested my hands on her knees.

"Because, that's how we normally do things." I admitted.

"You normally contract one single submissive for the three of you to share?"

Her tone was cutting and she laughed to herself as if the idea was absurd.

"Yes. Most of the time anyway. Listen, I had no intention of lying to you or manipulating you in any way. To be honest I've been a little preoccupied with you the past two days and hadn't explained the situation to them yet. Cruz simply saw the large transaction wired to the club and made assumptions on his own...not based on anything I said or promised."

Cassie huffed out a breath and arched a skeptical brow at me.

"You can ask them yourself if you like. I'm not lying to you Cassie."

Her facial expression softened slightly and I could tell she believed me despite her mind trying to convince her otherwise.

"Your safety is my top priority and Raf is the best there is. That was my only angle Cassie. Raf or Cruz won't lay a finger on you, they won't even speak to you if you don't want them to."

Sitting there in silence, digesting my words, Cassie rolled her shoulders back trying to look intimidating. The wall that she had up toward strangers was strong and sturdy and I observed the relaxed submissive harden and drain herself of her humanity as best she could.

This is the Cassie that everyone else sees.

"I'm not a play thing." She said harshly.

"You're my play thing."

I reached forward and cupped her face firmly, pulling her lips toward mine, kissing her hard enough to make her whimper.

Don't worry Cassie, you're mine. If you don't want to be shared, I'll keep you all to myself.

My kisses left her breathless and satisfied, but I had to stop myself knowing if I leaned against her too much, we'd topple onto that bed and never resurface.