Chapter Thirty Five - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

After submitting payment to Madam Ivy and signing the mountain of paperwork that was needed in order to join, I had finally been approved.

Madam Ivy explained that there was a large auction that was to be held that week in Vegas at Scarlet and while I wasn't a part of the auction, the place would be crawling with Doms, looking for the right submissive.

She gave me a quick run down of the different pins and wristbands that I could choose from upon my arrival to the club for the prelim party. The color, size and pattern of the wristbands communicated my basic interests so that Doms could pick me out of a crowd.

I had to admit I was extremely nervous, right up until I reached the front doors the night of the prelim party. I recognized the large doors and showed my credentials, giving me access immediately and once I had crossed the threshold and was greeted by the attendant, all of my nervous energy seemed to dissolve into confidence.

It was different from the first time I had visited Scarlet. I knew exactly what to expect and what I might see, and I had to admit, my excitement overpowered my nerves.

The attendant displayed a set of wristbands or pins, letting me choose how I wanted to participate that night. I let my hands skip over the pins that meant I was up for auction and settled on a green wristband that had a diamond pattern. The wristband I had chosen showed that I was a submissive with beginner level experience, seeking a dom.

I slid the band on my wrist and admired it, checking my reflection in the mirror briefly before I was led down the hallway to the club that was indeed crowded with people.

Here we go.

I knew there was a three drink minimum, but I needed some liquid courage if I was going to actually go through with this.

Making my way over to the bar, I felt eyes on me from all sides as various men sized me up, eyeing my wristband then my body from head to toe. I smiled at a few of them, but several instantly turned their backs to me once I acknowledged them by looking them in the eye which was strange, but I shrugged my shoulders and took a seat at the bar anyway.

I glanced around, looking for Wade, but didn't see him anywhere. Dane had confirmed with Madam Ivy that Wade decided to make a last minute appearance and I was practically giddy with excitement, wanting to see the look on his face when he saw me in his domain.

There were several women around me, but they had no interest in talking to me for very long with their sights set on the men and women who were searching for submissives or looking to participate in the auction.

I had just received my drink and gulped at the contents, when a males voice echoed from behind me.

"Evening Beautiful."

I turned to see a slender handsome man, with sandy blonde hair and a clean shave, standing behind me.

"Hello." I said in a voice that sounded foreign.

He seemed surprised that I looked him in the eye and held his gaze as I squared my shoulders at him and crossed my legs on the barstool.

"Not afraid to look me in the eyes. Interesting." He said with a grin that made me a little uneasy.

"Fear is not my style." I said confidently, but he didn't seem to enjoy it.

"No matter, I could train that out of you."

Wade and Tristan used to say things like that.

Feeling a little uneasy, I shifted my weight in my seat and tried to maintain my smile.