Chapter Fifty - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

I walked between Xavier and Raf, feeling smaller than ever as they stood over a foot taller than me.

Xaviers hand was wrapped tightly around mine and both he and Raf were constantly scanning the faces around us, moving in sync with powerful steps.

We made our way into several stores after I restocked the makeup that had been ruined - the part that I was most pissed about.

"This looks promising." I said happily as my stern escorts exchanged glances and followed me into the store.

They clearly weren't having a good time, but masked their boredom when their eyes met mine, feigning enjoyment. My smile was uncontrollable as I caught them dropping their smiles and rubbing at their temples through a mirror in the store when my back was turned.

"Oh come on you big babies, this is fun." I teased.

"Super fun." Raf said with an eye roll that earned him a glare from Xavier.

So protective.

"If you're happy, we're happy." Xavier said in a deep voice with a grin as a short dress caught his eye. "I like this. Try this one on."

I gladly took the dress holding it up and looking it over. It was a cocktail dress and I loved it, but it was extremely short. Wades words flared through my mind before I could stop them, making my smile fade and my insecurities to flare.

"Aren't you going to tell me I can't wear this?" I asked holding it up, making sure he could see how short it was.

Xavier's face scrunched in confusion and Raf shrugged at him as if they'd missed something.

"What are you talking about? I just handed the dress to you."

"But do you see how short it is?"

Raf smiled at my question and answered on his brothers behalf.

"Why do you think he picked it, doll?"

Giving Raf a shove and a glare, Xavier stepped forward with confusion and concern in his eyes.

"You don't have to buy it, I just wanted to see you in it." He said seductively as he pulled me against his chest.

"I love the dress, I just thought you wouldn't want other men to look at me."

Xavier realized I was projecting the wishes of someone else onto him, and instead of getting frustrated with me, he addressed my insecurities head on.

"Baby, they're gonna look either way. Have you seen yourself?"

He turned my body in his arms until I was facing a mirror. It's his stance lowered and his mouth next to my ear, he gave me a smile through the mirror that made my inner thighs throb.

"You could wear a trash bag and still turn heads."

I let out a laugh and turned over my shoulder with my lips only inches from his.

"Well yeah...I'd be a woman wearing a trash bag." I laughed.

A few people entered the store and I noticed that Raf turned his full attention to them with his back to us, watching their every move.

I gathered a few options with Xavier at my side and Raf watching over me until I had enough items to try on in the fitting room.

The red dress looked much better on the hanger and gathered on my body in weird places. I tried my best to like it but I ultimately hated it.

"Let me see." Xavier said from the other side of the thick drapes of the fitting room.

"Hell no, this one looks awful on me."