Chapter Fifty Four - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

By the time we made it back up to Xavier's room I realized how tired I truly was after a full day of traveling and all the excitement. My nerves were dulled and my eyes were heavy as I followed Xavier, forgetting that my bags were in the other room.

"Go get changed into something comfortable then get in this bed." Xavier ordered with a grin.

I smiled and turned, ready to head down the hall toward my bedroom.

"Need me to walk you?"

"I think I can find my way."

Despite the labyrinth of halls, I remembered the pathway to my bags. Or at least I thought I did.

Wandering down a long dimly lit hallway, I huffed under my breath as I realized I had walked in the wrong direction, passing by a doorway that spilled light into the hall. The blue light danced across the floor as a movie played on a huge screen.

"Lost?" A deep familiar voice echoed from inside.

I stopped and took a few steps backwards, stopping in the door frame only to find Raf sitting with his feet propped up, sharpening a knife as he watched a movie.

"No."

"Liar." He said with a grin.

"Maybe a little."

My eyes wandered toward the knife in his hand and floated down to the table in front of him that held several blades of varying colors and sizes.

"You seem to be awfully interested in these." He motioned toward the knives on the table, looking up at me with fire in his eyes.

Taking a few steps into the room, I surveyed the knives in the dim lighting of the screen. There was a black knife that was particularly vicious looking, bent and bowed into a strange shape like a tactical knife. Then there was a smaller knife that was silver with etchings in the side. Lastly there was what looked like a pocket knife that was emerald green with beautiful carvings in the handle.

"That one's pretty." I said with a smile.

"Pretty huh?"

Raf scoffed and leaned forward, plucking the knife from the table and tossing it from one hand to the other.

"It would probably be a good idea for you to carry a blade, given your current situation."

I didn't disagree and suddenly realized that I was wearing the ring that concealed a small blade. Taking a few steps toward him on the couch, I smiled proudly as I extended my hand, standing close enough to smell his masculine scent.

"You're right, but I'm not completely helpless. I've got this."

I flicked the top to the side and a tiny sharp blade revealed itself, but Raf wasn't intimidated or impressed. He smiled at the pathetic weapon and smothered a laugh that was building.

"You think that could do any damage?" He scoffed.

Giving him a sly grin, I took a step forward holding the small blade close to his neck and held it there as a pretend threat.

"I could if I hit your jugular." I sassed.

Raf looked up at me from his seated position on the couch, eyes blazing as if the thought of the blade puncturing his skin was exciting.

"Go on then." He dared.

Before I could pick apart what was happening, Raf leaned forward until the blade actually touched his flesh, pressing against the blade until it nicked him and small dot of blood appeared.