Chapter Sixteen - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

I had been to dozens of night clubs and even strip clubs, and figured this place would be no different. I had never heard of Club Scarlet before, but every club revolved around two things - two things I had in abundance...money and status.

Wade and Tristan walked on either side of me as we entered through the elaborate doors that led to a small room, a very small room with a single attendant.

"Good evening Mr. Holden, Mr. Kingston." She said, addressing me with a simple nod of her head.

Tristan swiped a key card against the door in front of us and winked at the attendant as we entered the club...if you could call it that.

My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room and the deep shades of red lighting that illuminated the space. I expected to hear shitty house music or see drunken slobs who thought they were important. I expected dancers or strippers to be raking in money from married assholes who were trying to use their wealth to escape their broken marriages...but I didn't see anything like that here.

This doesn't look like a strip club or a sex club. Everyone looks so...sophisticated.

I studied every person that we passed, looking at the well dressed men in suits and the women in dresses not unlike my own. A few women wore lingerie pieces, but they were tasteful and sexy and I suddenly felt a wave of insecurity wash over me as we entered.

This was obviously a highly exclusive, members only club and the patrons weren't drunk. They weren't making pointless conversations or dancing. They weren't fighting or comparing status. Everyone there was hyper focused on one another, watching, interviewing, moving around with light touches and flirty grins like there was a secret that everyone knew, except me.

What the hell is this place?

Eyes followed me, but Wade and Tristan took hard stances on either side of me, staring down every man that we passed. Their hyper vigilance was starting to put me on edge and I swallowed hard, feeling suddenly out of my element, but trying hard not to let it show.

"Since you're a guest, I need to take care of some paperwork on your behalf and get you a bracelet. Tristan will get you a drink from the bar." Wade said over my head, standing well over a foot taller than me even with my heels on.

I heard his words and nodded my head, but I didn't respond verbally, still taking in my surroundings and trying to understand them.

"Cassie." Wade's deep voice caught my attention and pulled my gaze.

"One drink." He said firmly, holding up a finger for emphasis.

Holding back an eye roll, I let out a sigh and relented.

"Yes Sir." I sassed, half heartedly.

I can hold my liquor Wade, no need to babysit me.

With his hand on the small of my back, Tristan led me toward a small table and ordered drinks for us, studying my every move which I still didn't like, but was starting to get used to.

"What do you think?" Tristan asked with a half smile.

"It's different. I'm not really sure I understand what's going on."

"Let me help. You see, these people are all here for the same reason, but searching for different things."

"Okay?"

"What I mean is, they are all part of the BDSM community and are here to explore that part of themselves, but they all have different desires and needs. Some are here to utilize the private rooms, down that hallway. Some are here to find a dominant or a submissive, some are already paired and are here to watch live scenes on that stage down the steps to the left, and the rest I assume are here for the auction." Tristan said, pointing in various directions with my eyes following diligently.