Chapter Forty Four - Cassandra*

Cassandra ~

I had never seen Wade look so out of control before. He was usually so calm and charismatic, but I guess that was only when he got his way. The multiple warnings I had received about Wade's cut throat nature rang loudly in my ears and for the first time I saw a side of Wade that put a small amount of fear in my spine.

He looked at me with more hatred in his eyes than I'd ever seen and the more I leaned into Xavier, the more the fire in Wade's eyes grew.

Xaviers grip on my side was firm and he moved to position himself in front of me completely, holding onto me with one hand. Yes Wade was out of control, but there was no way Xavier was going to let Wade get near me.

What happened to you Wade?

Sensing the slightest bit of fear in me, Wade took a menacing step forward, but ultimately stopped, knowing he was no match for Xavier.

Once Madam Ivy intervened, Xavier instantly moved, tucking me under his arm as we walked past a furious Wade.

"Don't look at him, look at me." Xavier said in a cold yet reassuring tone as he held me a little tighter.

My eyes obeyed him before my brain could command them to, looking up at Xavier who was laser focused with a deep scowl on his face. The ink on the side of his neck covered muscles that were tensed as Xavier clenched his jaw and led me toward the car, shielding me with his massive body as we moved.

He helped me into the car and joined me on the other side, muttering curse words under his breath as he tapped the divider window, signaling the driver to go. Xavier craned his neck as the car sped off, watching the door of the club until it was out of his line of sight.

"You good?" He asked, getting a small nod from me in return as I internally calmed myself.

Normally men yelling and screaming at me, or even threatening me didn't faze me, but Wade's outburst had me rattled. A part of me trusted him so deeply at one point which seemed to cloud my judgment and left me feeling vulnerable...a feeling that I despised.

I hate that I fell for Wade's act. I hate that I allowed him to hurt me.

"I asked you a question." Xavier repeated, getting only silence from me as I processed my own feelings. He pulled me into his lap, forcing me to straddle him in the back seat, using his strong arms to move my body as if I weighed nothing.

"Are you okay?" He asked again, reaching out and cupping the sides of my face.

My mind finally registered his question and I quickly wiped the uneasy look off of my face and turned on my projected confidence.

"Y-yeah. Of course I'm okay. Believe me I've heard much worse." I scoffed, but Xavier wasn't buying it.

"Don't lie to me." He warned, squeezing my thighs as I straddled his lap.

I knew Xavier could see right through my false confidence and I let out a breath that almost felt like relief, feeling safe as Xavier held me firmly in his lap.

"I've never seen him like that...it...scared me" I admitted softly.

The second my quiet admission left my lips, I felt Xaviers strong hands start to stroke my thighs.

"Good girl. Thank you for trusting me with that."

His hand moved from my thighs up to the sides of my waist, moving back and forth in a soothing motion.

"I need you to hear me." He started, gaining my full attention.

"You...are mine. For thirty days you're mine to take care of. I'm going to take care of you physically..." he paused and pressed me down against his lap, grinding his hips up slightly as he spoke the word.