Chapter Forty Three - Xavier

Xavier ~

I promised Cassie that I'd take her to breakfast after we delivered our signed contracts to Madam Ivy, and she waited in the car for me with a smile on her face.

"This will just take a second," I said to Cassie as I exited the town car and made my way inside the club.

There were several other dominants turning over contracts from the auction the night before, some who looked satisfied and some who did not.

I waited impatiently, knowing Madam Ivy was thorough and would give us copies of our agreement for our records. Some of the doms were new members who I didn't recognize, but there was one face that stood out in the crowd - a face that I hated.

Wade Kingston.

He noticed me immediately and stormed over like the arrogant prick he was. Wade was so dramatic and theatrical with his movements that he caught the attention of the multiple bouncers who surrounded the business office of the club.

"You've got a lot of nerve." Wade snapped as soon as he got close enough.

"Fuck you." I growled, noticing the way Wade retreated slightly once he reached me and heard the anger in my voice.

"Let's see how tough you are without that gun." Wade threatened like a child.

Taking a step forward until we were chest to chest, I looked down at Wade with a lethal expression.

"And what makes you think I don't have a gun?"

My words caused Wade to take a step back, but his juvenile anger was still bubbling at the surface.

"You don't know the first thing about Cassie. But you're walking around here like you own her. As if a thug like you could handle her better than I could."

Wade's pathetic insult put a small smirk in the corner of my mouth and I basked in his insecurities.

"Oh I handle her just fine. In fact I think she enjoyed the way I handled her last night." I taunted with a grin.

"You motherfucker." Wade yelled.

I watched as the spoiled trust fund baby readied his fists, as if he was stupid enough to throw a punch.

"Do it. Put your hands on me. Give me a reason to fucking end you." I threatened in a low menacing tone and meant every word.

I've killed for less. Don't test me, little boy.

The threatening dare seemed to sober Wade enough to remember that I was no Boy Scout -far from it.

"Goddamn it...you just don't get it man." Wade said in a pathetically dramatic tone as he balled and clenched his fists.

I glared at him without speaking, not really giving a shit about what he had to say.

"We've got history. She's mine - in a way you could never understand." Wades voice was desperate and pained.

This fucking pussy is about to cry.

"It's more than all this...I lov..."

I cut him off before he could mutter the end of that damn sentence, charging toward him as I spoke and causing him to take a few steps backwards.

"Don't. Don't you dare say you fucking love her." I said in disgust.

"I do." Wade practically whimpered.

"Nah, fuck that. You love her enough to bruise her fucking arm?" I yelled down into his face, feeling a bouncer wrap his hand around my bicep.

"Yeah you think I wouldn't see that shit? She was naked in my bed last night, you piece of shit, and I saw every mark you left on her."

The bouncer tried to pull me back but I broke his hold easily, taking more angry steps toward Wade until Tristan stepped between us.

"Hey! This isn't the place to do this. Calm the hell down Xavier."

I scoffed as Wade stood a little taller with someone defending him, letting his arrogant smirk return to his face as Tristan spoke to him.

"Chill out man. You got the better end of the deal. Summer is a much higher caliber submissive than Cassie."

"And what the fuck would you know about it?" I snapped.

"I trained her." Tristan snapped. "Well I tried to at least. She's fucking hopeless. So good luck man. You wasted your money."

Tristans laughter coupled with Wade's cowardly smirk set my blood on fire. I was so furious that I hadn't noticed the attendant standing next to me with my copies of the contract, signifying the arrangement was official and Madam Ivy had approved.

"You see this." I growled holding up the papers.

"I'm her dom. And if you lay a finger on her ever again, I'll end your fucking life."

Wade's spine straightened at my threat and he knew I meant every angry word.

I was about to walk past Wade, who was standing between me and the exit when I saw Cassies small frame walk around the corner. Her eyes lit up when she saw me and she hadn't noticed Wade standing dangerously close to her.

The desperation in Wade's eyes terrified me for Cassie's safety. I knew better than most that desperate people will do inhumane things, but I wasn't close enough to stand between them.

"Cassie stop moving." I ordered in a deep dominant voice that was meant to be obeyed.

To my surprise, Cassie didn't hesitate for a second. Her petite little body stopped and stilled instantly, searching my face with her eyes in confusion.

Wade locked onto her and I felt every protective fiber of my being spring to life as I subtly reached for the pistol that was strapped to my side.

Don't you fucking do it.

Before Wade could take a step toward Cassie a loud voice pulled our attention toward the embellished office doors.

"That's quite enough Mr. Kingston." Madam Ivy said loudly.

Putting his hands up in a surrender pose, Wade's demeanor changed, knowing his membership at the club was in jeopardy.

"I only wanted to speak with her," Wade said, feigning innocence.

"And does her dom approve of such conversations?" She asked, letting her eyes drift over to me.

"No...he doesn't." I growled, signaling with two fingers for Cassie to join me.

My little Cassie instantly moved and I tucked her beneath my arm, away from Wade, feeling her cling to my side.

Don't worry princess. No ones gonna fuck with you while I'm around.

"Ms. Stone, are you consenting to such conversations?" Madam Ivy asked her flatly.

I watched Wade's pathetic attempt at communicating with Cassie as he mouthed a quick please in her direction.

Cassie stiffened beside me and took in a fist full of my shirt as if she couldn't get close enough to me.

"No. I'd like to leave." She stated firmly, glaring at Wade alongside me.

That's my girl.

"Very well. Step aside Mr. Kingston." Madam Ivy instructed.

Wade remained unmoved, glaring fiercely at Cassie from across the room with intense hatred that made my blood boil.

"I said, Step. Aside. Mr. Kingston. You have your own submissive who requires your attention, do you not?" Madam Ivys words had a threatening edge to them and seemed to get Wade's attention.

"Yes." Wade said through gritted teeth with his eyes still locked onto Cassie.

Taking a strong step forward, I positioned my large body in front of Cassie, forcing Wade to look at me instead of her.

You don't get to manipulate her anymore. You deal with me now.
********
What are your thoughts on Wades supposed love for Cassie?