Chapter Thirty Seven - Wade

Wade ~

The next day I was hungover and furious, unable to be calmed by Tristan or anyone else at the moment.

I stormed around my penthouse hotel suite, rambling on and on to Tristan about what had happened between Cassie and I.

"Wade...listen to yourself man. She has every right to hate you." Tristan said with a pained expression.

"I know. I fucking know." I snapped, sinking down onto the couch with my head in my hands.

"I fucked up."

Tristan pushed out a hard breath, but didn't leave. He was still trying to make sense of it all.

"Why'd you tell her?" Tristan asked, catching me off guard slightly.

"You mean why'd I do it?"

I assumed he had misspoken but he hadn't.

"No. Why did you tell her? Why didn't you just get the internal gratification of dominating her after she rejected you? Why ruin it all by telling her?"

I hadn't taken the time to really consider my own motives, so I thought about his question carefully and hated my answer because it was true.

"I...I wanted to hurt her."

Tristan stared at me, disappointed in my answer as he stood.

"Wade this is fucked up man. I mean, I guess I get why you needed her as a submissive, but the way you did it..."

"You think I don't know that?" I practically yelled. "I'm just...fucked in the head, Tristan."

There was so much pain in my voice that I almost didn't recognize it.

"The way she's lashing out at you - you gotta just let her. Let her get it out of her system and quit fighting her."

I knew Tristan was right, but I hated it all the same.

"But I need her."

It was obvious that Tristan wasn't convinced, but before he could answer with a rebuttal there was a knock at my hotel door.

Looking through the peephole, I recognized the person instantly, pulling the door open as fast as I could.

"Madam Ivy, I wasn't expecting you."

"No I'm sure you weren't Mr. Kingston."

"Please come in." I said, making eye contact with Tristan whose eyes were as wide as mine.

"I'll make this quick, but I needed to address you in person so you'd understand the severity. Did you touch a submissive without her consent last night?"

Fuck.

"Ms. Cassandra Stone?"

I huffed out a breath and raked my hand down my face, knowing I couldn't lie.

"Yes. It was a misunderstanding and I.."

"Yes, she explained the nature of your relations to me briefly over the phone...Mr. Kingston, you have a long-standing membership with the club, but by no means does that make you exempt from the bylaws. This is your one warning. One."

I nodded at her merciful words, letting out a sigh of relief.

"You will be heavily watched this evening and if it happens again, I will revoke your membership permanently."

"Understood." I said, feeling my jaw tighten at her words.

Without another word, Madam Ivy moved toward the door, not waiting for me to open it for her.

"You are invited back for the auction tonight, but I don't want to hear a peep out of you when she gets on that stage unless you are bidding, is that understood?"

"Yes, wait...stage? Bidding?"

My mouth went dry and I felt the world stop turning at her next words.

"Ms. Stone has decided to enter the auction."

What the fuck?

As soon as the door closed behind madam Ivy, I felt like I might explode at the amount of rage bubbling way too close to the surface.

Tonight's auction is for 30 day contract. A fucking month.

I paced the suite with Tristan slowly and cautiously approaching.

"This isn't necessarily a bad thing." Tristan said, getting nothing but a sadistic laugh from me in return.

"Oh it's not?" I snapped.

"No...think about it. This is a 30 day contract we're talking about. 30 days to make her yours again..."

My anger quickly subsided once I realized what Tristan was suggesting.

"Bid on her." Tristan encouraged.

With my heart rate starting to return back to normal, I braced my weight in the back of the couch.

"Bid on her." I repeated, letting the words sink in as I slowly accepted them.

"She was your once. Just remind her. 30 days is more than enough time to make her yours again."

Nodding along with his suggestion, I took in a deep breath and pushed it out slowly.

You're still mine Cassie. I just have to remind you.

********
Goodnight my loves!