Chapter Forty Six - Xavier

Xavier ~

Cassie had opened up to me in a way I hadn't expected at breakfast. She seemed to trust me more and more with every passing second and I used that momentum as the day went on.

The two of us took a few work calls and handled some essentials before climbing back into the car and heading toward our hotel suite. I wanted to have a little fun with her early in the day to give her time to rest before a night out on the town.

I had arranged for a few personal items to be delivered to the suite - special gifts I had ordered just for Cassie the night before.

With my phone to my ear I finalized the details of a particularly exciting gift.

"Silver or gold chain?" The jeweler asked.

Looking over at Cassie I used one of my hands to tilt her head to the side, admiring the delicate gold chain around her neck. She looked confused by the action but didn't question it, letting me manipulate her head like a good girl.

"Gold." I confirmed.

"It's on its way."

"Thanks."

Giving me a skeptical side eye, Cassie stared me down, narrowing her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest.

"What was that about?"

"It's a surprise." I muttered, not wanting to give any more details than that.

"A gold surprise?" She beamed.

"Maybe."

I watched the wheels turn in her head knowing she could never guess the gift even if she tried. My thoughts were so distracted as I watched her that I almost didn't notice my phone buzzing in my hand.

Rafael.

"Yeah" I answered.

"Flight lands at 10pm." Raf said.

"Not sure where we'll be at 10 but I'll text you and let you know so you can meet us."

"Got it."

It was a short conversation, but the mention of someone joining us had Cassies full attention.

"Who was that?"

"Raf. He's coming to be an extra set of eyes for me since I'm a little...preoccupied." My eyes traveled up and down her delicious curves as I said the word and it seemed to put a smile on Cassies face.

"He works for you?"

I chuckled at that comment, knowing Raf would have hated it.

"With me not for me." I corrected, getting a confused look from Cassie in return.

"Raf's my brother. Well one of them."

Cassies surprise was evident and she nodded.

"That's why you trust him so much." She added

"Exactly."

"How many brothers do you have?"

"Two. Rafael and Cruz."

"Are they both coming?"

So many questions, but I don't mind answering them for you.

"Nah. Cruz runs shit at home. He's the brains and Rafs the muscle."

"Which makes you?" Cassie asked, pausing so I could fill in the blank for her.

Knowing I couldn't say words like - executioner, punisher, silencer, assassin without scaring her, I chose to keep it vague instead.