Chapter Twenty - Wade

Wade ~

Cassie had made so much progress in such a short amount of time. I made a mental note to add a hefty tip to Tristan's payment as I helped Cassie into her dress. Submissive training was something that took weeks to months and he was able to make substantial progress in a matter of hours.

She was visibly confused as to why we had stopped and part of me enjoyed it. Cassie needed to understand that she wasn't in control, that the events of the night were not going to happen on her timeline.

It was obvious that she was aroused and wanted more, but I knew I'd pushed her limits slightly and her training and experience was limited. I needed to make sure she was okay and wanted to watch her carefully for any indicators of sub drop. Even the most strong willed brats could experience sub drop and I knew Cassie wasn't immune.

I cupped the sides of her face and tilted her gaze up to meet mine as I studied her expression, posture, and pupil dilation.

She gave me a small smile as I examined her.

"What are you doing?" She asked with humor in her voice.

"Just making sure you're okay."

My statement caught her off guard and she tilted her head in my hands, wrinkling her nose at me, but maintaining her smirk.

I realized that Cassie wasn't used to being cared for and that she was going to need to be trained in that area as well.

"Listen Duchess. As difficult as it may be for you to understand, as your dom I'm not solely focused on taking care of your sexual needs. During our time together, you're mine. All of you - body and mind. And while scenes are exhilarating and full of pleasure, sometimes there's a price to pay once all those feel-good hormones disappear. It's like coming down from a high."

Focusing on my words, Cassie nodded her head intently, but it was obvious she still wasn't understanding completely, mostly because she'd never experienced sub drop before.

"Describe how you're feeling right now." I said as I brushed my thumbs across her cheeks.

"I feel...good."

"Be more descriptive." I ordered.

Cassie huffed out a sigh, but followed my command.

"I feel...warm all over and relaxed."

Good girl.

"If that changes you let me know immediately."

Cassies sweet smile returned at my words and it was obvious how much she enjoyed the affection and attention I was giving her at the moment.

I dressed quickly while Cassie freshened up in the attached bathroom and tucked her under my arm as we emerged from the private room.

She was much more relaxed at my side and even leaned into me as we made our way toward the doors. It was much less crowded than before, probably because the live auction was underway. I watched Cassie's eyes drift toward the stage and she craned her neck as she caught a glimpse of the hopeful submissive that she and Tristan had been speaking with.

Stopping in my tracks, I turned and allowed her to watch, towering over her from behind.

The woman was barely clothed and stood center stage as white paddles with red numbers danced around the room, bidding to win her.

She was doe eyed and innocent with a naturally submissive energy that had every dom in the room salivating. Normally I'd join in on such festivities, but Cassie had something that no other woman could offer me and I was obsessed.