Chapter Seventy Two - Cassandra*

Cassandra ~

Onyx was crowded with a long line that wrapped around the building as the car rolled to a stop.

Xavier's expression was serious and stern as he opened the door and extended his hand to me, helping me from the car.

"I've seen Wade here before." I tried to conceal the fear in my voice, but knew I had failed when I saw Xaviers reaction.

He stopped and turned to face me, tilting my head up with his strong hands so I was forced to look him in the eyes.

"You realize the only reason Wade is still living and breathing is because of your mercy. And the second you change your mind, I'll end him without a second thought."

Nodding my head in Xaviers hands, I smiled up at him, knowing that every word he had spoken was true. I knew Xavier would kill for me, for no other reason than I had asked him to and while the thought should have been terrifying, it was endearing and comforting.

Instead of keeping his hand on the small of my back, Xavier kept me tucked under his side as we made our way to the VIP entrance where Dane was waiting for us.

"Xavier how the fuck have you been?" Dane said with a charismatic grin as he hugged Xavier, giving him a loud slap on the back.

"A hell of a lot better than the last time you saw me." Xavier answered.

"Cassie, always a pleasure." Danes voice was smooth as silk which now reminded me of Cruz. A pang of sadness hit me in the gut and I realized how much I missed Cruz and Raf,but I pushed those feelings aside, trying to conceal them.

"Tysons on his way." Dane added as he led us inside and toward the Sapphire side of the club.

My eyes darted around searching for the one face I did not want to see when I felt Xavier tighten his grip on my side.

"Relax." Xavier whispered firmly against my hair.

His harsh command was oddly calming and I noticed that Dane had taken a hard stance on the other side of me. They were hyper aware of everyone around us which meant I didn't have to worry about a thing.

"Anything to drink Cassie?" Dane asked, waving over a cocktail waitress as we took seats around a private table.

"Martini, dry, extra dirty." Xavier answered on my behalf, shooting me a wink.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Dane asked looking over at Xavier.

"We've run into a small problem that I wanted to make you aware of." I answered, pulling Danes' gaze toward me.

Dane's expression hardened and he leaned forward, realizing I was there to talk business.

"What kind of problem?" His tone was icy and serious, drained of its charm completely.

"Kingston." Xavier growled.

"Shit , what now?" Dane groaned.

"He sent Thomas in as a pawn to try to blackmail me into killing a new high rise investment."

"Blackmail? Blackmail you with what?" There was anger in Danes voice, anger that would only intensify at my next words.

"The 106."

Tipping his head back with a sadistic laugh, Dane shook his head in disbelief.

"Fucking idiot."

"So he's blackmailing both of us?" Danes smile wasn't pleasant. It was more of a dare, a malicious grin that sent chills down my back.