Chapter 9: I've Been Waiting For This!

Dave tells Skull and Surge everything that Captain Dick told him, Skull scratches his head "dame ihonestly have no words to say about this i'm just amazed he told you all this" Dave nods "mhm and we'regonna help him and D.H.F there's gonna this army of Demons planning to do an all out attack on the townso i'm gonna-" Surge crosses his arms "Hmph" Dave looks at Surge with a confused look "what's wrongSurge?" Surge looks over at Dave with a red color on his mask "what's wrong? Heh i tell you what'swrong, you and Skull are gonna leave me here again as always hell you guys never realised my new andimproved mask!" he points at his mask, Dave rubs the back of his head as he feels bad "i...im sorry Surgei do love your mask just been very busy and sometimes we do take you out to hunt demons" Surge keepshis arms crossed and turns to look away "thank you and whatever you say Dave i'm a nobody im uselessto this as you call it family Dave i'm just freak with a mask" Dave walk up to Surge and places his handon Surge's shoulder, "hey don't say that bud that's not true" Skull joins in "your family and not useless atall you're the brains in this family come on Surge" Surge looks at Dave then looks at Skull "i think i needsome time alone" as he pushes Dave's hand off his shoulder and then goes to his room. Skull and Davelook down then they looked at each other, Skull signs "i'll go talk to him" Dave stops Skull "no......i'll gotalk to him it's all my fault i left him here so many times" Skull nods and lets Dave go to Surge's room.Dave knocks on Surge's door "go away i said needed some time alone!?" Surge voice sounded muffledfrom other side of the door, Dave opens the door and enters Surges room as the cool air hits his face andthen looks at Surge that sitting on his bed, Surge slowly looks up to look at dave his mask is glowing darkblue "Dave didn't i tell you i want to be alone? Please?........" "sorry Surge i wanna help ya" as he sits ontothe bed by Surge, Surge turns to look away from Dave "help me with what? you don't care about me justsay it." "come on Surge i do care about you you know it" Surge mask changes to a deep red "ohyeah...you hardly talk to me you hardly ask how my day been or anything its all your fault why im actinglike this i've been here home alone wishing to be out there with you guys more to hunt with you" Davelooks down a little then looks back at Surge "Surge...i....-" Surge continues to erupt Dave "thats why imupset and even when i help against the All out attack and then go back to normal demon huntingeverything we been doing now just gonna be the same i'll be here at home as you and Skull will continuehunt demons without me nothing will change Dave Nothing!!!!! Its your fault" Dave looks down and getsup and sighs "your right Surge its my fault im sorry here you can hit me so stand up Surge" Surge maskchanges to a yellow color looking confused as he stands up "Dave i'm not gonna hit you" "no no it's allgood hit me its my fault i deserve to be punished so go right ahead Surge" Dave stands there ready to behit by Surge but Surge just stands in front of Dave soon he thinks of the stuff that makes him angrytowards Dave he clenches his fists and swings at Dave as his fists comes towards Dave's face as hesabout to strike.......but then Surge stops right before his fist connected to Dave's face, Dave doesn't flinchshowing no fear in eyes. Dave then looks at Surge, Surge still has his fist close to Dave's face but seemsto hesitate to hit him, Surge fist starts to shake his mask changes to a dark blue "i......can't.....do it.." hedrops his hand down and then begins to cry "i'm sorry Dave please forgive me!" Surge voice is messyfrom his crying "come here Surge" Dave opens his arms for him and he accepts it as he goes in and hugsDave "shhhhhhh its ok Surge its alright i forgive you its ok shhhhh" Surge hugs Dave tightly as he cries.After a little bit they stop hugging "your family Surge no matter what your not a nobody and not uselessyou mean everything to me if i didn't care about you you won't be now so its ok Surge i really sorry"Surge sniffles and nods "i forgive you Dave thank you" Dave smiles and then wipes the tears away fromunderneath Surge's mask "i promise when we come back from the all out attack battle and go back tonormal demon hunting we'll take you anywhere with us to demon hunting" Surge mask begins to go alittle light blue "r-really?" Dave nods "mhm! And when we do come back from this battle we're gonnacelebrate by drinking root beer floats! So come on Surge be happy and show me that happy bright bluecolor goofball!" Surge mask lights up bright blue "there ya go bud theres that happy light blue color!"Surge chuckles "thank you Dave and-" Surge looks at his doorway and sees Skull there as he seeneverything and heard everything he smirks and nods at Surge, Surge nods back "thank you guys so muchthis means a lots'' Dave smirks and pats Surge shoulder "your welcome bud now lets do some training forthis big battle so you guys ready" Surge jumps in the air in excitement "hell yeah!"Dave looks over to Skull, Skull cracks his knuckles "I've been waiting for this im ready to kill us somedemons!'' Dave smiles "then let's get to training Boys!!!!!!!!" They cheer and begin their training.