Chapter 24: The Bad News

Dave slowly opens his eyes as he sees the sun shining from the window, it's slowly getting dark out as the sky begins to turn orange, Dave slowly gets up off the ground and pulls out the dart that was still stuck in his chest. Dave shakes his head to wake up and proceeds to stand up slowly he catches himself against something as his body tries to wake up from the effects from the dart, he slowly looks around for Skull and Surge "Sk-Skull?......Su-Surge?" Dave moves slowly against the wall to keep himself up as he moves towards Skull and Surge that are laying on the ground. The soldiers the boys knocked out are gone; they must have left or been picked up after Dave, Skull and Surge, were out for a while. Dave manages to stand on his own without leaning against the wall; he proceeds to wake up Skull and Surge, "Guys wake up...." Skull groans as he wakes up, Surge mask turns on and is glowing green he lifts his head up to look at Dave and Skull, "Mmmm......my aching mask...." Skull shakes his head "Damn I feel like i'm having a hangover even though i don't drink ugh......." Skull looks up and sees Dave "Dave?" Dave nods "The one and only" Skull smirks a little but soon fades away "They have AJ....we failed to protect her....." Dave nods slowly agreeing with Skull "Yeah..." Surge's mask changes to a darker blue color "We totally fucked up......" Dave nods but then smirks "We haven't failed to save her guys, it's not the end of the world." Skull and Surge tilt their head "what do you mean" Skull says, Dave stands up and helps Skull and Surge up "I seen what she can do she's strong sure she didn't fight back the soldiers cause she didn't want to hurt them, but when she fought a demon with me she has the strength to fight i know she'll be ok..." Skull nods but soon realises as he remembers something "Dave we do need to save her. What if they perform experiments on her and hurt her badly? I say we do this now and save her from being experimented on for too long." Surge looks at Skull "You know going in isn't gonna be that easy from what Dave saw when he was there the place is heavily defended besides we're going against an army of heavily armed soldiers probably packed with tranquilizers or probably order them to kill us." Dave shakes his head and crosses his arms "No Captain Dick wouldn't let any of his men kill us especially we took an army of demons on our own and saved the team and towns life so overall they won't kill us." Skull and Surge nod as Skull looks at Dave and asks him a question "So what's the plan Dave?" Skull and Surge wait for Dave to answer. Dave rubs his chin and then slowly closes his eyes as he thinks, soon he smirks as he opens his eyes "We'll sneak in and save AJ!" Skull smirks as Surge's mask lights up a brighter blue, Dave shouts and raises his fist up in the air "LET'S DO THIS!!!" Skull and Surge cheer "YEAHHHHHH!!!!" Soon everything starts shaking like some kind of earthquake "The hells going on????" Dave says as he tries to stand up and look out the window "Ugh! Dame can't stand up fucking ground too shaky!" The boys try their best to keep themselves up, after a little bit everything calms down. The boys soon manage to stand up Dave looks at Skull "You ok Skull?" Skull gives a little nod "Yeah i'm alright what the hell was that? We hardly get earthquakes out here as much in this town" "Guys?" Dave and Skull look over where Surge was, Surge is looking out the window as his mask color changed to an orange color "You guys want the good news or the bad news?" Dave raises his eyebrow "Uh...the good news?" "The good news is the earthquake wasn't a real earthquake cause it didn't cause too much damage and didn't last that long." Skull tilts his head with a confused look on his face "Ok? So that's the good news? Then what the heck is the bad news?" Surge points at the window "You guys might want to see for yourself" Dave and Skull head over to by Surge to look out the same window , the two are shocked to see something that is outside the window "What in the-" A big dark tower stands in the middle of the town as debris surrounds it. Dave, Skull and Surge, look at each other then they look back at the big dark tower as they begin to question what the hell is going on and what made this tower appear?