Chapter 29: Snap Out Of It!

"AJ!" the voice echos as she looks at Dave,Skull,and Surge she begins to space out but keeps her grip on Captain Dicks neck keeping him pinned against the wall, Dave slowly approaches AJ "AJ its ok let go of Captain Dick your letting your anger get to you AJ'' AJ shakes her head "No he's gonna pay for what had his men and the scientists do to me and what he did you, Skull and Surge! He's got to pay!!" Skull begins to slowly approach AJ "AJ hes was just following orders from the higher ups and mainly for our protection even though we're fine on our own he wants to make sure the skullcrushers are safe and alive." Surge also starts to slowly approach AJ "Captain Dick may be a dickhead-'' Dave chuckles but then Skull slaps him on the back of the head, Surge continues "But he's still our friend that does his best to protect the town and the people that live in it." AJ shakes her head and looks at Captain Dick "I'm sorry guys but he needs to get what he deserv-'' she stops and looks back as a hand touches her shoulder, "Dave?" he looks at her in the eyes ''AJ you're letting your anger take over you even if you kill Captain Dick the pain won't go away so please AJ let him go." AJ starts to feel her anger fade away and she lets go of Captain Dick neck as he drops to the floor catching his breath. AJ puts her wings up and she begins to tear up, she slowly falls down to her knees but Dave stops her and pulls her close to him and hugs her she accepts the hug and hugs back she tries not to hug him too hard. AJ cries on Dave's shoulder "I'm sorry Dave i hurt all those soldiers and killed that one man. I let my anger take over me and.......and...." Dave looks down at her "Shhhhh its ok AJ i forgive you" she holds onto Dave and cries knowing she let the rage take over her the same thing she told Dave to not let the rage consume him. Captain Dick gets up slowly and looks at the group "Dave,Skull,Surge and AJ... look i'm sorry for all the mess that happened today we didn't know angels really exist in real life we believed in it but wasn't for sure we knew demons exist when they started popping up out from hell, for years we fought them off for so long i thought the angels would never come down to help us out....so tell me AJ why haven't god and the other angels help us battle these demons?" AJ looks at Captain Dick as she thinks and then she shakes her head and proceeds to give him a simple answer "They are scared." Captain Dick eyes goes wide "Scared?.....How are angels scared of demons? Didn't they fight in a war?" AJ nods "They did, it was many years ago when the earth was made, angels and demons killed each other for earth, God did his best to stop Asmodeus from taking over the world for himself, he couldn't kill Asmodeus cause he was still family to him, so God did his best to send his angels to battle Asmodeus demons to see who had the most power to look over earth. The war ended with God as the winner. God makes the world what it is today, for Asmodeus he stayed as the prince of hell but time to time he sends his demons up to mess with the humans on earth cause the gates of hell for some reason been cracked open and remains to stay open for centuries showing no signs of closing anytime soon...." Captain shakes his head and closes his eyes as he leans against the wall, he reopens his eyes and looks at AJ "So that's why the demons always walk on earth cause the gates of hell been opened by someone, cant send angels to help us cause they fear of freaking out the world even though we know demons exist but not angels, so what do the angels do up in heaven mostly?" "Angels in heaven mostly talk,shop, and watch over the humans but can't leave heaven at all." Captain Dick gives a confused look towards AJ "Then how did you leave heaven without getting in trouble?" AJ rubs the back of her head "Well.....Dave's mother got me through the gates of heaven i managed to leave heaven without getting caught by the angel guards." Captain looks down a little "So you met Olivia up there...i'm glad to know she's in a better place." AJ nods her head "She seems happy and another reason why i'm down here is to keep an eye and keep Dave safe even Skull and Surge seeing them grow when i was here on earth it was amazing." Dave and Skull smirk and Surges mask glows a brighter blue. Dave then walks towards Captain Dick placing his hand on his shoulder "Now that your all caught up we need your help and help from the D.H.F army cause a strange big red tower just appeared in the middle of the town and we're not for sure what its gonna do but we need to make sure everyone is evacuated from the town and have all the D.H.F teams prepared to fight anything that come from that red tower." Captain Dick nods "You four go on ahead I'll get my gear and my men ready to take on the red tower." Dave,Skull,Surge and AJ leave the D.H.F building to head home real quick and get prepare for the biggest fight of their life, as they get ready to leave the house they look out the window to look at the red tower and then they nod to each other without saying a word as they proceed to leave the house.